Gettin' Sploity [Poll]

The Bob The
The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I was playing Gwenpool in today's repeatable PVE node, and Bullseye's protecto tiles were stacking up. I had the purple, so I was going to look up the Sploit to destroy protecterizers when I realized I already knew it (689). Thinking back, that's definitely the Sploits code I've used the most because I HATE how having my match damage negated slows down play, so my memorization is really no surprise.

I know it's pretty early on for the character, but it got me thinking: Aside from cases where one type of special tile is clearly going to show up a lot, play style would likely influence what you'd try to get rid of (like I said, I can't abide protect tiles, but I'm likely to just suffer through attack tiles unless they're REALLY bad). So I ask, via high-tech online poll: What are YOU sploiting?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    This character, in particular, would be really fun to play with. I've memorized charts and codes in other titles to maximize in-game effect. The 'Sploits ability would be awesome if we could actually use it.

To continue progression/placement (with the intent to earn more covers), most people can't use her. The fun of the character is in finding out what she can do, but that's moot. Anyone that brings her to a competitive level is just going to look up the codes. It's fun and exciting when it's new, but 6 months from now the few people who whaled it will have all the answers online. At that point it's just an additional step. Play till you have enough AP, look up the chart, and achieve your desired effect.

I like the character, and I'd love to play around with it to see what she can do. I won't have the covers for at least 6 months, at which point the character is fully-covered old news. Very fun design. Terrible execution.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have this cover so other than the free trial I've hardly used her. How I suspect I would use her is to memorize the 3 destroy strike/protect/attack tiles codes and primarily use her for that. If neither of those 3 are usable I'll do a random cause it's not going to be easy to look up if you're only way to lookup is phone. I've had to many crashes caused by app switch to risk losing the match via crash to look up the code.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just throw in random codes. I seem to get L337 /\/\0d3 more than anything else.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I don't even care which row I plan to destroy, I just click 1,2,4 every single time simply because I know that works. Ain't got enough time and energy to memorise those codes man
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have any purple covers for her, but in the loaner node I've made extensive use of destroying a selected row/column. Very handy for taking out a particular group of tiles or setting up a match-4 or match-5. She's got a lot of versatility in that power, that's for sure.

Also, all the codes have already been cracked and those of us in SSoLU have been enjoying them immensely. Aren't we just pimp? icon_cool.gif
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I had hoped these results would reveal something about our collective playstyle, and I was not disappointed. As of right now, more than half of us have the playstyle of "UGGGGHHHH WHATEVER JUST BE DONE ALREADY."