hammer of anvil ( red hulk ) goes through xavier invisble?

8punch
8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
i had Dr Xavier invisble in the PVP event. then red Hulk did his hammer of avil and it smashed right through my invisble barrier killing all.

has that always been the case? because i didnt read in red hulk his bio that his hammer of anvil goes through invisble charchters.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Team damage has always hit invis
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    All AOE damage hits invisible - If the building you are in while invisible your still dead - it might just be no one notices
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    alright. thanks for the update.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Is that true? I thought that was a change that was made a few months after Xavier came out.

Does AOE hit BSS? I can't ever recall being hit with one while he was invisible, so I don't remember.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    jobob wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Is that true? I thought that was a change that was made a few months after Xavier came out.

Does AOE hit BSS? I can't ever recall being hit with one while he was invisible, so I don't remember.

Agreed I think it was a pretty early fix post PX launch

Yes Pho green has hit BSSM for me (saved my ****) when he's invisible
  • Yeah, invisible characters can be hit indirectly by AOE attacks. But they don't work if the invisible character is the only character left.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, invisible characters can be hit indirectly by AOE attacks. But they don't work if the invisible character is the only character left.

Red-Challenge-Flag.jpg

I'm throwing the challenge flag on that one...
  • simonsez wrote:
    Yeah, invisible characters can be hit indirectly by AOE attacks. But they don't work if the invisible character is the only character left.

Red-Challenge-Flag.jpg

I've lost a match or two because Prof X was the only one left, and no attacks, AOE or not, could hit him.

• There is a possible explanation ... targeted AoE attacks (those that hit the target harder than the target's allies) will not fire if there are no visible targets.

If that wasn't the problem, then you are confused, or were the victim of a temporary bug.

Or PX had grabbed one of those super stars....

6LaCB14401477852.gif

Hmm, might have been a bug. Just took out an invisible BSSM with Punisher Max's Green, and he was the last target.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    simonsez wrote:

Red-Challenge-Flag.jpg

I've lost a match or two because Prof X was the only one left, and no attacks, AOE or not, could hit him.

There is a possible explanation ... targeted AoE attacks (those that hit the target harder than the target's allies) will not fire if there are no visible targets.
    I didn't know that.
    So call of the storm doesn't work if px is the only character left and he is invisible?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    jobob wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

The fix was to how the AI handles using an AOE with a single target aspect. The first Professor X Clash of Titans was against Carnage, who wouldn't use Symbiote Scythes since the AI thought it needed a target. It would still use Carnage Rules though, since the AI knew it had an alternate use of breaking random tiles on the board.