Simple solution for pve scaling - Bench

antreas1911
antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't know if this was mentioned before, but i find it as a very simple solution that solves all kind of problems regarding pve scaling.

Before event, after selecting slice, let people choose a number of characters to leave in the bench for the certain event. So the scaling will be adjusted to the top 3 characters that you bring in the event.

This way a simple fix is given in two major problems.

1. Beginers that draw a single or two 5* and see their scaling rising to the sky.

2. Vets that simply want to add some variety to their game and want to play with their new champed 4* instead of phoenix/oml or whatever 5*.

Comments

• DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    I love this idea.
  • apmonte
    apmonte Posts: 72
    I can appreciate what you're trying to accomplish, but wouldn't this also allow players to game the system by benching characters in a way that reduces scaling so that their go to combinations are always most effective?
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Also would incentivise soft capping which is definitely not what the developers want
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Simply remove expiration from covers, you earned it, you keep it.

I realize this would cut into their Hero Point sales so it will never happen.

Basically they borked the game with 5 star.png starting at 255 icon_lol.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still prefer the idea of having scaling determined by who you're using in the fight...
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    I still prefer the idea of having scaling determined by who you're using in the fight...

^this. I would love them to figure this part out. That way it incentivizes us to actually use the character we have, regardless of level. If I want to try out a newly earned character, which I have 2-3 covers in, it should be doable. In reality, unless boosted for the current event, most characters that fall in such a range just sit there on your "bench". I have every 4* in the game, none actually usable except for prof x, though I have a *few* that are coming close to usable. But in general, I rarely ever use a 4* unless it's a required node because I have almost all of the 3* champed, and a bunch of 5* sitting at 1-2 covers. The boosted 3* champs plus the few 5* mean that basically I never even get to try my 4* characters, or at least not for months. I don't mind using my go-to teams of various 3*, but it'd be nice to actually take the new toys out of the box and play with it, since that is the ultimate goal anyways. They aren't getting more valuable being "mint-in-box"
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

Read OP and started to scroll down to say this. No reason scaling doesn't apply with who you use. Makes your ENTIRE ROSTER relevant again! Makes game not so static/boring!
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Slap a hero points tax to use the bench feature. Extra revenue, who wouldn't go for that!
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I would like it if it scaled off of your non boosted characters. Sometimes (at transitioning levels) having characters boosted is a bad thing (scaling wise). Shouldn't it be easier if we have a boosted character not harder?