Gwenpool Fights in Venom Bomb

Nick441234
Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I would love D3 to tell us why they feel its fair to keep the scaling exactly the same for fights where the forced character likely has 2 covers max. I'm getting beaten left, right and centre by these fights as Gwenpool dies in usually 4 or 5 turns leaving it a 2 character fight against 20k Venom and 19k Moonstone. How is this fair?

Is it really that difficult for them to just tone down the difficulty a bit when we are being forced to use a new character?

Comments

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    I would love D3 to tell us why they feel its fair to keep the scaling exactly the same for fights where the forced character likely has 2 covers max. I'm getting beaten left, right and centre by these fights as Gwenpool dies in usually 4 or 5 turns leaving it a 2 character fight against 20k Venom and 19k Moonstone. How is this fair?

Is it really that difficult for them to just tone down the difficulty a bit when we are being forced to use a new character?

This is the new mantra D3 likes to repeat: YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOSE! icon_twisted.gif
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    WEBGAS wrote:

This is the new mantra D3 likes to repeat: YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO LOSE! icon_twisted.gif

No, you're supposed to whale the Venom Bomb Vault multiple times...
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Nah you're supposed to have champed 5s apparently
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    woopie wrote:
    Then that node is Level 416, and Venom hits for 19242 on his yellow.
    Your point?
  • Nick441234
    The Gwenpool fight is harder than the hardest node. That cant be right!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    That would be nice, if a required node for a new-release character was scaled much easier than a required node for an old 4* character.
  • woopie
    Bowgentle wrote:
    woopie wrote:
    Your point?

Is this the last sub or the 2nd to last? Because on the second to last, I've gotten through the 4x clears with 2 health packs using OML and Fist.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    woopie wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    woopie wrote:
    Your point?

Is this the last sub or the 2nd to last? Because on the second to last, I've gotten through the 4x clears with 2 health packs using OML and Fist.
    Second to last, and I have no problems clearing that node with OML/Xfool - but it takes _forever_ to go through a 55k Moonstone, 25k Horror and 50k Venom.
  • Nick441234
    mpqr7 wrote:
    That would be nice, if a required node for a new-release character was scaled much easier than a required node for an old 4* character.

It cant be that hard to implement. For instance, my Gwenpool fights are at level 277. Now if they just took into account that my Gwenpool only has 2 covers and a health of 6k so lowered the scaling to around 235-240, I'd be more than happy with that.

Its not like I'm looking for an easy fight, just a fair one. The Gwenpool fights are the only ones I've wiped on this event.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    My gwenpool is 0/1/2
    I used her green and it did around 15000 damage. Found the node to be super easy using nova and OML
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    My Gwenpool is at one cover and my enemies are lvl 304. I think the fight can actually be a good test of strategy. Take out the symbiote fiirst to stop him feeding red. Try to clear the board of red to limit Moonstones photon. Try to have one special tile to nullify gravity warp and deny yellow. It is annoying to fight handicapped but at one cover Gwenpools green is fairly useful. I prefer going thru her node for the CP more than the Venom Carnage node.
  • woopie
    Bowgentle wrote:
    woopie wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    woopie wrote:
    Your point?

Second to last, and I have no problems clearing that node with OML/Xfool - but it takes _forever_ to go through a 55k Moonstone, 25k Horror and 50k Venom.

Fair enough. I'm glad I'm just doing progression on this one so I get to hop out before scaling gets too bad
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm using Kingpin/Nova for most of the nodes including this one and it's been mostly fine. Granted, obviously not everyone will have the boosted 4s champed, but I'm usually rocking new release PVEs with one or two covers and it's never been a huge issue.

Also, Nova with a yellow battery is SO MUCH PEWPEW seriously it's so fun.
  • Nick441234
    nigelregal wrote:
    My gwenpool is 0/1/2
    I used her green and it did around 15000 damage. Found the node to be super easy using nova and OML

I'm sure it is, when using 5*s. As I'm not using them and the best characters I have boosted are Cyclops and Fist, its somewhat harder.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not fair. I think that's the point. New characters are a purposeful anchor. We get a taste in the loander node, but if you want to have that again you have to pony up some cash or wait a really long time for RNG to be kind.

I really enjoyed playing Kate Bishop during her event. I didn't get her cover during that, and wasn't in an alliance that could get it at the time. I found 4 through random chance. She's so fun I'd build teams around her, scour the abilities of every champ I have looking for synergy. But I'm at least 7 covers away from her being remotely useful.

C'est la vie.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    The good news is that we are all boned. So hopefully not getting the full 6 clears on that node will still net me top 50.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker

What are the other two characters you're using?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS wrote:

Dude, it's been a year. Can we stop pretending this is a witty or even amusing observation now?
    Or are you going to announce that all your base are belong to D3 as well?
  • Nick441234
    irwando wrote:

What are the other two characters you're using?

I've been using Fist and Cyclops. Adding IM40 to that team wins all the other battles fairly comfortably. Its a struggle with Gwenpool though.