Double Iso Lightning Rounds - yeah boy!

Options
GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I figured they weren't going to double the Iso on the Lightning Rounds. I mean, it isn't really an Aniversary event, it runs every week.

I am very happy to see I was wrong. All the incidental Iso (from not skipping, from winning a fight, from progression and placement) is doubled. I am pleased.

Comments

• johnnyzero
    johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    You like Iso-8 huh? Well have all the Iso-8 in the world!

LCymW21m.png
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pity we can't get two-star covers though.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

Yes, but you won't get 1* covers either, which would be less than any of the iso prizes. I'll take that trade.

Been a long time since I set LR reminder alarms during the day, here we go.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    Oh great, now I am going to be playing even more mpq. I was already exhausted from playing all weekend and getting all that sweet double iso. I even have covers in the queue that need iso. Now I can't ignore lightning rounds anymore.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Yes, but you won't get 1* covers either, which would be less than any of the iso prizes. I'll take that trade.

EXACTLY!!!! :+D
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wait - they removed 2* covers from this LR cycle?

I didn't get any from the first LR today, but I just wrote that off as luck.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hqdefault.jpg
  • TML
    TML Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:

Same here. That is disappointing.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TML wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:

Same here. That is disappointing.

Watch the rewards cycle through at the bottom of the screen, it only shows iso.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1 and 2* covers have been removed as rewards in all PvP during anniversary due to the double iso. It's a blessing and a curse... but more blessing than curse. Now you can ignore the 2* champ cycles and focus your iso on other things... like champing Dino! NO REGRETS.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huh. I had noticed that the awards seemed skewed (getting 500 Iso much more often than I would otherwise, for example,) but didn't notice the lack of covers since they don't fall that often anyway. I imagine this is because some people complained last time. Certainly at double Iso, a 1* cover is the worst reward possible.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    1 and 2* covers have been removed as rewards in all PvP during anniversary due to the double iso. It's a blessing and a curse... but more blessing than curse. Now you can ignore the 2* champ cycles and focus your iso on other things... like champing Dino! NO REGRETS.
    I've got half a dozen level 144 two-stars with covers expiring in my queue, losing one of the best sources for more covers hurts quite a bit. The extra ISO is very nice though.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Double ISO is always awesome, but it would've been a perfect opportunity to utilise some of the other 40 3*s instead of recycling the same old tired ones hey?

Is it really that **** hard? Of course it's not.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You know what I love more than 2x iso LRs? A semi-stable app that crashes, kicking me out of those LRs, and leaving me with 2 seed teams at most.

No wait, I don't love that at all, what the hell am I saying?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    giphy.gif