Get Rid of Single Digit Targets in pvp

ZekeBarrett
ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Please get rid of all this single digit targets in pvp. It seems once I get to a certain point, all I can find are targets worth less than 10 points. It's not work hopping for a target worth 7 points only to get hit by someone with a bigger roster for 40+.

Comments

• aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    You would prefer no targets at all?

[insert image crossing Magic 8-ball with PVP screen: "CHECK BACK LATER"]
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I'd prefer seeing targets worth hitting. Hard to climb to 1200 when it's just 4 points and 5 points.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I'd prefer seeing targets worth hitting. Hard to climb to 1200 when it's just 4 points and 5 points.
    That's my favorite thing to do - SO MUCH ISO!
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor

1. You mean, the higher you go the harder it becomes to advance? icon_e_surprised.gif

2. You're bringing the demand, but the harsh realities of ELO—and the use of shields—are crimping your supply.

3. Are you asking the game to supply targets for you? There was a poster that used to ask for exactly that. No chance, methinks, as I am quite sure the devs are married to #1. I don't think they see those progressions as participation prizes. They want fewer and fewer players hitting each successive mark.

Insert the rest of the usual forum thread on this topic after this post, thanks!
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Maybe we should just:
    * eliminate points lost to defeats
    * have every match be worth 25 points
    * when you hit 1200 match values drop to 0 and placement is based entirely on who hits 1200 first.

Wait... that sounds like PVE...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please get rid of all this single digit targets in pvp. It seems once I get to a certain point, all I can find are targets worth less than 10 points. It's not work hopping for a target worth 7 points only to get hit by someone with a bigger roster for 40+.

I would like to see skip tax removed on targets worth less than 25pts (if not altogether). I hate when there is a node or 2 that is slowly losing pts as I climb and the only way to change the node is to pay (or lose additional) iso.