Patch Notes - R111 (10/10/16)

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Nothing for the trivial and 2* essential scaling?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whatever happened to Medusa???
    October was too windy. Waiting for better weather so her hair won't get mussed.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Nothing for the trivial and 2* essential scaling?

I miss those nodes being scaled down. Takes alittle longer to go through those and I don't like spending too much time grinding. I actually have to use stronger teams for them too.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    What can we use to cut a pumpkin..?? hmm..
    A hoverboard
    tumblr_m8nqgjuFHi1qln2ixo4_250.gif
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Gotta be Shatterstar!
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Kjempen wrote:
    Sword and teeth?

Sword and Teeth. Blade again? Would they release an updated Blade, so soon after an updated Cage? Can't imagine there's a lot of enthusiasm for that. I guess a vampire would fit with Halloween, though.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking it's Hobgoblin based on this clue, especially since a definition of "hob" is "Machinery. a milling cutter for gear and sprocket teeth, splines, threads, etc., having helically arranged teeth and fed across the work as the work is rotated."

The clue in the update, however, simply references Halloween and the dentist. Could be a 4* Blade if Marvel is getting ready to announce something. Could simply be a Halloween / Vampire theme not tied to any announcement as well, which could also include Morbius.
  • ZeiramMR wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      Time to cut the pumpkin!

I think it's someone with a sword.....what do you use to cut a pumpkin with?
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    And here I was thinking they wouldn't try to cram Dr. Strange and another 4* into the second half of October.

Silly me.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chronicler wrote:
    And here I was thinking they wouldn't try to cram Dr. Strange and another 4* into the second half of October.

Silly me.

Well, they're probably not going to do that anyways. Makes more sense for Strange to be the first release of November, launching alongside his movie.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I'm rather amazed that only one person thus far has guessed that it's the Spider-Man foe Jack O' Lantern. I know he's not as major league as some of Spidey's foes but he's not obscure, either. It'll be interesting to see what icon D3 gives him since we already have icon_greengoblin.png as a symbol for Green Goblin. icon_e_smile.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm rather amazed that only one person thus far has guessed that it's the Spider-Man foe Jack O' Lantern. I know he's not as major league as some of Spidey's foes but he's not obscure, either. It'll be interesting to see what icon D3 gives him since we already have icon_greengoblin.png as a symbol for Green Goblin. icon_e_smile.gif
    Hey, there were a solid TWO of us that mentioned Jack O'Lantern. icon_e_smile.gif
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Getting your teeth cleaned at the dentist gives you a dazzling smile! Dazzler confirmed.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Sounds like Hobgoblin. Still can't believe there's people still guessing X-Men/Mutant characters, when we know that's not going to happen.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Chronicler wrote:

Silly me.

Well, they're probably not going to do that anyways. Makes more sense for Strange to be the first release of November, launching alongside his movie.

Now that's something I don't understand. According to imdb, the movie opens in the UK on October 25th, here on the 27th, the USA doesn't get it until November 4th. Why the delay?
  • ERC73
    ERC73 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Latest update for iPhone isn't available but game prompt sends you directly to App Store with the option to skip having been deleted. Shame I won't be able to place top 50 in versus event now....
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Chronicler wrote:

Silly me.

Now that's something I don't understand. According to imdb, the movie opens in the UK on October 25th, here on the 27th, the USA doesn't get it until November 4th. Why the delay?

It's a distribution thing. Whomever is distributing in the UK probably negotiated a deal that gave them the film early. It may not even be a "delay" at all, but rather it's set for November, and then the UK distributor might have gone "we'll distribute it for X% less cost to you if we can get it a week early" or something like that. Since there isn't one universal international distribution company (and there probably won't be any time soon, as laws differ area to area), different places negotiate different deals. Same basic reason why Netflix has different lists of movies in different countries.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Phaentom wrote:
    Sounds like Hobgoblin. Still can't believe there's people still guessing X-Men/Mutant characters, when we know that's not going to happen.

The Cable thing was a joke rather than a guess. Still, we got about half of the fantastic four after it was clear they were out of favor. We'll probably get a trickle of mutants moving forward. Professor K and Nightcrawler before the 4th anniversary, maybe?
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Whatever happened to Medusa???

Medusa is still coming, we should have more details soon.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Chronicler wrote:

Silly me.

It's a distribution thing. Whomever is distributing in the UK probably negotiated a deal that gave them the film early. It may not even be a "delay" at all, but rather it's set for November, and then the UK distributor might have gone "we'll distribute it for X% less cost to you if we can get it a week early" or something like that. Since there isn't one universal international distribution company (and there probably won't be any time soon, as laws differ area to area), different places negotiate different deals. Same basic reason why Netflix has different lists of movies in different countries.
    Marvel movies are released overseas before the US release, it's been like that for years. It's not specific for Strange.