My paradox...

Born2DieNPvP
Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I have had HORRIBLE luck on anniversary tokens. Nothing but 2*s and horrendous cascade death while earning the tokens at a slow rate. However; I've pulled four 3*s from standard tokens that each gave me a champ reward of a 4* cover that I really needed. Best anniversary ever for unexpected reasons!

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The good thing about pulling bad things from a vault is that it increases the odds of good pulls later on. There's still two PvEs and three PvPs to earn tokens from.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I was bored and started wondering how many Anniversary tokens might be available this mini-season:

- 1 free token for the Anniversary
    - 4 tokens from PvE: "Simulator" event progression rewards (1000, 3700, 7000, 10500)
    - 4 tokens from PvP: "Best Friends Forever" progression (25, 100, 400, 825)
    - 3 tokens from PvP Anniversary season progression (300, 1200, 1750)
    - 10-pack from PvP Anniversary season progression (3000)

That's 22, and now we can make some safe assumptions about upcoming events:

- 12 tokens: progression rewards for the remaining 3 PVP events
    - 4 tokens: from PVE Venom Bomb progression
    - 3 tokens: From the Boss Rush event. It could be 4 or more, but there'd have to be at least 3, right?

That's another 19, bringing us to 41.

Add in another 10x if you buy the daily deal for 100HP/day, and that's 51/100.

Finally, there's the PvP season placement rewards, where you'll get 2 tokens for finishing 500-1000th, and more for anything above that. 101-500th gets x3, 51-100th gets you x5, and top 50 is where bonus 10-packs begin.

I'm shooting for at least 50/100 tokens, and if I don't get my damned green Iceman out of my vault, I'll buy a 10-pack for 2800 HP.
  • Quebbster
    Sluggo wrote:
    I was bored and started wondering how many Anniversary tokens might be available this mini-season:

- 1 free token for the Anniversary
    - 4 tokens from PvE: "Simulator" event progression rewards (1000, 3700, 7000, 10500)
    - 4 tokens from PvP: "Best Friends Forever" progression (25, 100, 400, 825)
    - 3 tokens from PvP Anniversary season progression (300, 1200, 1750)
    - 10-pack from PvP Anniversary season progression (3000)

That's 22, and now we can make some safe assumptions about upcoming events:

- 12 tokens: progression rewards for the remaining 3 PVP events
    - 4 tokens: from PVE Venom Bomb progression
    - 3 tokens: From the Boss Rush event. It could be 4 or more, but there'd have to be at least 3, right?

That's another 19, bringing us to 41.

Add in another 10x if you buy the daily deal for 100HP/day, and that's 51/100.

Finally, there's the PvP season placement rewards, where you'll get 2 tokens for finishing 500-1000th, and more for anything above that. 101-500th gets x3, 51-100th gets you x5, and top 50 is where bonus 10-packs begin.

I'm shooting for at least 50/100 tokens, and if I don't get my damned green Iceman out of my vault, I'll buy a 10-pack for 2800 HP.
    Does the vault reset for free if you clean it out? I am considering buying a 40-pack, but I am a little worried I might run out of pulls then.
  • salve1
    salve1 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    i got 4 Devil dino ( 1 green 2 red 1 purple. now is 5/4/4) + purple spider woman / 2 3* Spiderman and IF /3 2* x2BW and moonstone with 7 tokens + x3 100hp
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:
    Does the vault reset for free if you clean it out? I am considering buying a 40-pack, but I am a little worried I might run out of pulls then.

My friends assure me it does. If you ever buy a 40 now is the time.

I mean, you could buy an offseason 40 and get even luckier in regards to 4* and 3* composition ... but odds are against that ... And this vault offers multiple hp bombs which make discounts.
    I just need to get 1000 more HP first. Should be doable before the anniversary ends.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:
    I just need to get 1000 more HP first. Should be doable before the anniversary ends.

Keep in mind that if you get the vault below 40 items the 40pk option will go away. So if saving up for a 40 stop pulling before then and hoard the tokens until you can afford the hp. If you dont youll have to reset to buy a 40 .... And youll be starting over on a fresh vault!

Keeping the above in mind the single daily deal is the cheapest pull. Hit those everyday.
    Yeah, I'm doing the daily deal each day and cashing the single tokens as soon as I get them. Might hang on to the season tenpack for a little while when I get that though...