Postpone 3* champs giving 4* covers?

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I've hit a bit of a quandary, and wondering how others approach it. I've noticed my next champ levels for Rocket & Groot and Dr. Doom will give 4* covers (Starlord and Invisible Woman icon_rolleyes.gif ). I've got SL and I fully covered, but 100+ levels from champion status. I've also got higher priority 4*s. Xpool is almost there, and Iceman and Cyclops are each at 4/4/4.

So, do…
    sell any Doom and Groot covers for the indefinite future not to waste the 4*s
    or go ahead adding champ levels to the 3*s, because when the hell will I get around to leveling Baglady?

Just curious what other people do here.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    go ahead adding champ levels to the 3*s, because when the hell will I get around to leveling Baglady?

This. I don't stress about it any more than I stress about pulling 4* covers from leg tokens that I can't use. 1,000 iso it is!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless it's a 4* you plan on champing right away, just apply the 3* cover and sell the 4* cover. You aren't champing Star Lord or Baglady, so don't worry and just keep applying those 3* covers.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am delaying a level for 3Thor due to having a 10 cover Rulk, and want to try to save the Rulk cover Thor rewards for champing. I don't yet have any 13 cover 4*, but if I had any top tier 4 ready or close to champ status, I would not choose to champ SL or IW. In your scenario, I would just add covers and sell the 4's. On the other hand, there is a possibility that SL or IW will get buffed sometime. But, probably not enough....I'd still sell their covers.

Just my opinion.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I just keep adding champion levels even if it means not using the 4-star cover. I'd rather keep plugging away towards the next 4-star reward in the hopes that I can use it, and the other rewards in the interim are good too.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    I hold on to the 3* cover for two weeks and apply it to the champ at the last second. I then hold onto the 4* cover for two more weeks. This gives you a month to decide if you want to level or gather any remaining covers needed. Plenty of time to gather iso needed.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    I'm currently in this position with iceman 3/5/4. my mystique is at 182 and I have a cover for her in my queue. her lvl 183 iceman cover is, of course, blue. I've had to sell 2 other iceman blues already. champion reward covers should be colorless.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I'm currently in this position with iceman 3/5/4. my mystique is at 182 and I have a cover for her in my queue. her lvl 183 iceman cover is, of course, blue. I've had to sell 2 other iceman blues already. champion reward covers should be colorless.

One cover away from being able to champ a top-tier 4*? That's a different case. If you've got the CP, I'd buy the 13th and bring him up; if not, I'd punt (sell the 183rd Mystique cover) and hope you snag a purple or green (or 120 CP) before she pops up again.

I know not everyone agrees with buying covers - even critical ones - but this is Iceman. Unless you're in 5* land, he can and will change your game.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    If you drag it out you got about 28 days to scrounge up the iso for one 4 star. Should be doable with some dedicated pve. Re doom just champ sell bag lady.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Baglady is a lost cause, but the rumor is Star Lord will be in the next round of re-balancing. Food for thought.