My DDQ Node Suggestions

jtmagee
jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
So I have been playing for a couple years now, and haven't really made a long post like this and don't post on the forums that often. But with DDQ, there is potential for a lot of fun within it that I feel, with old and newly introduced game mechanics, can give all players additional challenges throughout an entire day. It is also a chance for those who may not like how PVP is a chance to earn similar rewards without having to feel like they can't place very high.

2-on-2

I had this thought before the now-running BFF PVP. While the 2-on-2 is a good idea, it's tough to implement it in PVP when the big guys, myself included, just run our best duo. Here's what I'm thinking: with each day, whoever the required character is, have a 2-on-2 match for them, as well. So if Iron Fist is the Essential, make it mandatory he be paired with either 3* or 4* Cage of equal value.

While a player can choose their own off their roster, it gives players a chance to play with characters they may not have up to that level due to the costs of everything. Also giving the computer-given character Champing capabilities will give players a chance to try different variations out before matches. Need D? Bump Cage's Red to 5. Want offense, bump his red down to 3 and boost his black to 5. That way, it will give each player aspirations for their own roster. And also having them go up against similar foes. Fist/Cage vs Kingpin/Hood, etc. or have it be random.

Environmental Tiles

For those who are fairly new, I was fresh when environmental tiles were slowly fazed out. When entering a battle, different backgrounds provides different capabilities. While I can't remember all of them, it would be nice to bring back them for an Essential node for that day. Using IF again as the example, he would be the required character.

Timer Node

Having a timed node for speed and points. The longer you play, the faster you have to respond. Don't respond? A bottom row gets destroyed, similar to Ultron. The longer you play, the higher the rewards are.

5-day completion Reward: Roster Spot

If you complete everything during a Sweet 5-day run, you earn a FREE Roster Spot. But with the additional nodes, will players choose PVE, PVP or DDQ?

Mirror-Mirror Node

Go up against yourself at equal ranking in a 1-on-1 Match for CP.

Do I know you? Node

Go up against a variation of your Essential character. Only open when Essential character has a variation of themselves in-game.

Similar Powers Node

Let's say you have a 2-active/1-passive character, like IF. In this Node, they go up against a randomly picked character who also has 2-active/1-passive powers at equal level. It changes each time, so if you lose, you may not fave the same character again.

Similar Generating Gem Node

Have Daken as your Essential? He creates strike tiles. He goes up against a random character who also creates strike tiles somehow. Even though Loki creates strike tiles when there are only shields on the board, he is eligible for this node, etc.

Have a countdown tile creator like Sentry, he may go up against 3* Falcon or 4* War Machine of equal level, etc.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head for now. Will edit this post as more things come up. Let me know what y'all think.

JT (Jtmagee ign, Deadpool's Tacos)