Praise of more things to do

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
When I first started the game, you could only win ISO, HP and 1* and 2* characters, with the rare 3* character that would dominate and crush. It was nice, but it got very repetitive, with little feeling of true progress.

Now, there's a lot of things to do, and I like it more!!! You can win ISO, HP, XP and CP, plus raise your SHIELD Level as well as get access to different SCLs for certain events. There are vault tokens that make you feel like you're progressing, even if you have some bad pulls, since that raises the odds on good pulls later on.

DDQ gives you a quick way to win lots of ISO and possibly more, championing gives you a reason to win covers after you've maxed out a character.

Basically there's a lot more going on, and the game feels more complete, with chances for all characters to progress at all levels and stages of the game.

Keep up the good work! Thanks for broadening the game! I feel like I'm making more progress now, and I've not playing those other internet games any more... icon_cool.gif

Comments

• JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Indeed. If the game had not been further developed, I don't think interest in it would have lasted. It has instead continued to be something I always look forward to playing.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    As frustrating as some of the changes can be, like with the advent of SCL with SCL only being available in ~50% of the events so far, or the changes to make PvE more of a "play when you want" but a sharp increase in the easy node difficulty, I feel this is a great post, and fair.

It's easy to find things wrong with the game and to complain about them. I do it as much as the next guy. But really... as someone who's played casually since environment tiles were a thing (I'm between day 900 and 1000) and is finally starting to break into the 4* territory, the game has significantly improved.

I agree with mpqr on everything here! Thanks for working and doing everything you guys do to make this game better. It has become much more engaging lately, and I have gone from almost ready to give up on the game back in June to actually having fun again!
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Amen brotha, good positive post and the devs deserve credit. Game advanced more in the past 3 months then in in the previous 2 years (not counting champion levels).

My only please/requests are:

1) Fix the champion cover reward system. 3* awarding random 4*. It is such a promising idea that really promotes the RPG/Progression element that not taking advantage of it is a shame. Right now it is simply half baked.

2) Fix the x/x/5 and pulling 6th, 7th, 8th cover nonsense. Yes we get it, the game is random and there is some *fun* in that. But some people just get a royal shaft while others makes leap and bounds. If you get a 6th color cover and can't use it, trade it in for another spin.

And then what Aes said, as always.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:
    2) Fix the x/x/5 and pulling 6th, 7th, 8th cover nonsense. Yes we get it, the game is random and there is some *fun* in that. But some people just get a royal shaft while others makes leap and bounds. If you get a 6th color cover and can't use it, trade it in for another spin.

I think you should be able to swap cover colors for HP. How much? I don't know. 100 seems to small, 1000 too large. Somewhere between there.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I'm pretty sure O.P. was being sarcastic, y'all. lol
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I'm pretty sure O.P. was being sarcastic, y'all. lol

I was not! When I complain, you'll know icon_e_smile.gif In this case, I am giving legitimate praise!