Defense teams

JohnLegend
JohnLegend Posts: 28
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Is there a way to know who is chosen for our defense teams now? I'm wondering because I only fought one battle last night in the shield simulator before bed and so far since then I've been attacked in the double digits. In the past I've been hit a few times here and there as I climb the ladder but nothing like this and no mass attacks what so ever usually until I'm near 800 points or so.

I'm well over 1000 days played and never seen anything like this before.

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would really like to know this, as well. My strongest team on offense is not the same as my strongest team on defense. Spoiler characters like Loki and She-Hulk aren't that competitive when you're playing, but they throw a monkey wrench into an attacker's plan. Similarly, 4*Thor is amazing on offense, but the AI doesn't know how to time the boost tiles. It's pretty easy to manage her, so she's not really a threat.

I'd like to be able to choose. That's part of the strategy. My blast team is junk on defense. They'll get killed by anyone with a 3* roster or above who sees me. My defense teams are serious deterrents to an attack. They elongate a battle and may just beat the attacker. If it's all based on my "strongest" team that I played, I'll lose a lot. I could only play the defense team, but that would be a horrendous endeavor - about 3x the hands-on for a match with no hope of accelerating, lest I incur the "strongest" (ie, non-defensive) team.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crazy attacks in Sim are gonna happen because a lot of players are going to farm the double iso from it. In this case it probably doesn't matter what you have on defense.

For the general question, if you only played 1 battle total, that's your defense team. It would be nice to know now with their new algorithm, but the only real way to know for sure is to have friends/alliance mates queue you.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've hated their setup of your defensive team being the last team you won with instead of actually choosing it. I understand retaliations being against the team that they beat you with... but your defensive team should be different than your offensive team. They figured that out in Football a long time ago...
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    The way the changes were described, it's still the last team you won a match with. The only time it'll choose a team for you is if you go from a very strong team (maxed 4*s) to a much weaker team (half-leveled 2*s), i.e. you're trying to leave a cupcake.

If you're using strong teams consistently then there was essentially no change for you. I would assume you're seeing mega attacks because it's another easy progression shield sim and people are just hitting whatever because you don't need to win a ton of matches.
  • Thanks for the replies. It's probably is due to the double ISO.