Anyone remember when DDQ was meant to be more random?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I swear damn near every day I fight Beast and two Hand Ninjas. And pretty much every day I fight Mystique and two symbiotes.

"Never have the same fight twice" eh?

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I loved the day when we got the Mystique team TWICE in the same day. I thought maybe I was stuck in an infinite DDQ loop.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    another oddity is how often magneto is used by the AI. I like using my 2* team of icon_magneto.pngicon_storm.pngicon_hawkeye.png in DDQ, and it seems I am restricted on mags pretty often because the AI already has him lined up
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Today I fought Beast and two Hand Ninjas twice. Which was nice.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the 2* wave I fought Beast + ninjas twice.

The wave nodes are weird. Sometimes they're themed - iterative waves of ultron goons or symbiotes. Sometimes it's character + goons, or all characters, with no rhyme or reason.

But hey, it's Deadpool. He's a wacky dude.
  • Wave 4 is often a joke now. 3 bots with piddly strength who go down when blown upon. I've normally got a ton of AP to cast by then but it all ends as something of an anti-climax.
    Wave 1 the most exciting where you're trying to build AP against a mover.
    I know they've changed the Wave strengths to make it easier overall.
    I do agree- there is (over) familiarity now with the wave patterns and some enemies do appear with regularity.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wave 4 is often a joke now.

No kidding. My go-to TBE team is Jean Grey, 4Clops and IM40, and I used to save up 20 purple to wipe out that last wave. Now I fart in its general direction and it keels over.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    Wave 4 is often a joke now.

No kidding. My go-to TBE team is Jean Grey, 4Clops and IM40, and I used to save up 20 purple to wipe out that last wave. Now I fart in its general direction and it keels over.

Even worse, I usually finish it off with IM40 blue. That's got to be the ultimate insult.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I always finish it off with IM40 blue as well but by then every single tile usually has one of Bullseye's knives on it so I don't feel bad for them. Yeah, I always have Beast & Mystique too. Always hand. Always Ultron goons. Never random.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, remember when that was their lame excuse for upping the difficulty? I also remember they said they did it so they can add new characters to it whenever they wanted. Apparently they still haven't wanted to.
  • Legasher
    Legasher Posts: 67 Match Maker
    And remember when they said the order for the 4* DDQ would be random... then listed it in alphabetical order?

As Inigo Montoya would say: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

*Shrug* It's a lot easier now. Variety would have been fun, but speed is ok too.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want more random play gwenpool or moon knight.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another day, another Konran/Shinobi/Beast fight. Could it be the fourth wave is Horror/Mutation and Mystique?

It is!!

Good lord, this is actually worse than before they said they'd randomise it all. I mean sure it was a bunch of survival sets and you'd get one of maybe 6 or 7 types, but this week I've fought these two groups in the final survival node at least 4 times.
  • Jdob84
    Jdob84 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Another day, another Konran/Shinobi/Beast fight. Could it be the fourth wave is Horror/Mutation and Mystique?

It is!!

Good lord, this is actually worse than before they said they'd randomise it all. I mean sure it was a bunch of survival sets and you'd get one of maybe 6 or 7 types, but this week I've fought these two groups in the final survival node at least 4 times.

Agreed. I want some randomness back in the fight! Not often I say something is too easy in this game, but it has gotten almost too easy now. Its more fun when there is at least a CHANCE of not making it to the end the first time (even a small chance).

..That being said... There are probably bigger fish to fry/bugs to squash for the devs than this...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't recall ever seeing Juggernaut in Third time's the charm Before. I'm hoping this means they are introducing some new constellations...
  • TheAlphateam
    TheAlphateam Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I just got 2 * wolverine and 2 doom bots, the in the next round I got 2 * wolverine and 2 doom bots.