Comments

• DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    This is pure torture.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, at least I've had more defensive wins than losses so far with my Kingpin/Rocket&Groot combo. The climb to 500 was pretty excruciatingly slow though. I expect the climb back when that win/loss ratio inevitably shifts will be grim.
  • kennardfr
    kennardfr Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    Never seen such horrible MMR before. Only seeing teams with at least one champed 4*, preferrably boosted too. I don' t even have a fully covered 4* yet (except IW and she does not count and she is unlevelled anyway). Totally unplayable. it is really bad when an anniversary event makes you wonder if you should not quit the game altogether.
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    How do you screw up the anniversary event two years in a row?
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Adding into the misery. My highest characters including boosted for the event are 281 Xforce, Some under covered 5s at 280/281, Groot at 272, and Nick and GoT at 271.

I am consistently seeing 350s to 400s in the form of highly leveld 5s and Kingpin/Things.

I am at 293 points and getting to even 500 seems like a nightmare.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ****? Why are all my enemies 5*s or powered 4*s with 20 000hp+???? I dont have a single 5* upgraded and none of my 4* is powered for this pvp... and i am at 200 points... ballance broken af.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gotta agree, this event is the most brutal I've seen for lopsided match ups. My 11k HP heroes can't touch these 36k HP Things. I'm only at 200 points and every match I can find is at least 120 levels above my guys.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started out with Kingpin/Thing, as they were my two highest characters in this event. Since a lot of the guys in this game are apparently friends with Old Man Logan, and mine is a lowly 2/0/0, I went with my own True Healing team that wins by attrition: Champed X-23 (5/3/5) and 3-star Daken. It's survived a few battles that they really shouldn't have, including a double champed X-Force/4hor. I took out 4hor first, and then the team survived three Surgical Strikes to win.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Read the forums about the issues with this event? Check.

Join S5 with the intent of maybe trying to get a couple points from seed teams? Check.

Get no seed teams? Check.

See dual champed, boosted 4* teams everywhere? Check.

Have 4 champed 4* characters, but none boosted for this event? Check.

Decide this event is completely not worth it and nope the hell out of it after wasting about 100 ISO on skips? Check.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Damn, this really was a slog. While I did have Kingpin champed, Thing is still 1 cover short. The best team in my roster was Kingpin and R&G. Once I hit 400, I was winning 1 in 3 matches, at best. Decided to switch to Thor+IM40 with AP boosts to get to 650. That's when the attacks started rolling in, so I shielded for the placement iso.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The idea of the event was great, finally something unique that might make you think about using different characters together.
    Now, playing with a mostly champed 3* roster and low 4*s, the matchmaking was mostly quite fair and normal.
    A few OP teams were presented, but they were easily skipped back to even matches.
    I started the event within final 24 hrs.