Gwenpool availability

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Is Gwenpool going to be a limited availability character ala Dino and Howard, or will she be going into standard rotaion?

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    my guess is regular rotation, since she isn't getting her own event, and they're turning off SCL for her release event.

If she were going to be a limited character, only available once or twice a year, I suspect she'd either have her own event, or she'd be obtainable via progressions since it would be forever and a day before you could get more covers for her anyway (unless you buy tokens).
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    my guess is regular rotation, since she isn't getting her own event, and they're turning off SCL for her release event.

If she were going to be a limited character, only available once or twice a year, I suspect she'd either have her own event, or she'd be obtainable via progressions since it would be forever and a day before you could get more covers for her anyway (unless you buy tokens).

Devil Dino didn't get his own event nor was he in progression (except in PvP) but I think she will be permanent too as it was not stated in the recent video that she is limited.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

Devil Dino didn't get his own event nor was he in progression (except in PvP) but I think she will be permanent too as it was not stated in the recent video that she is limited.

Right. My point is, if she were to be a trophy character, I suspect they'd be making at least one cover more widely available than they are. Instead, they're gating it as they do most 4* releases.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    She looks so garbage. Reading the fourth wall breaking bio made my teeth grind.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought it was funny. To each his own. I like the goofy characters, so I'm looking forward to this one.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    It would be great to get confirmation on this as a lot of us are about to start grinding one of the most difficult Story events (Simulator) for placement rewards. I wouldn't bother going for top 100 for a trophy character right now.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    I thought it was funny. To each his own. I like the goofy characters, so I'm looking forward to this one.
    The fun thing is, she can't really see and break the fourth wall like Deadpool does. She just knows she's in the world of Marvel comics, so she narrates everything in her head in case someone is reading her adventures.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt she's a one-off character. During the anniversary last year we got Cyclops and Red Hulk, neither of which were trophy characters.

You always get new releases during an anniversary. Devil Dino being revamped is the token trophy character for this year.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    I doubt she's a one-off character. During the anniversary last year we got Cyclops and Red Hulk, neither of which were trophy characters.

You always get new releases during an anniversary. Devil Dino being revamped is the token trophy character for this year.

Good points. And I'd be glad if you're right because I definitely don't want another character that's only obtainable every now and then.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    What does her 'Sploits! ability actually do? The description doesn't really tell me much.
  • Tee wrote:
    What does her 'Sploits! ability actually do? The description doesn't really tell me much.
    Looks like they're "cheats". Known ones are:
    1 3 5 - Destroy row #2
    1 3 8 - big head mode
    1 4 7 - 1337 mode. Change ability text to 1337 5p34k
    2 5 8 - "Struggle". Deal 2 damage and generate 5 purple AP
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52825&p=580233