Villain LRs

The Bob The
The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This has been a point of curiosity for a while for me: Why do Villain Lightning Round weeks suck for rewards? This isn't anecdotal (unless literally every person in my feed is in the treatment group) - add up the number of 2* covers you get in Hero and Villain LR weeks over a month or so, and the hero weeks come out ahead by a massive amount. I don't necessarily even see this as a problem - difference can be interesting - but my question is WHY? Is it as simple as "Villains are jerks"? Is there some area of Villain LRs that is augmented that I haven't noticed (I don't think I get more ISO - maybe it's a boost bonanza?)? I'd just really like to know.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get more 2* covers during villain weeks than heroic weeks.

Not questioning the conventional wisdom on that; SOMEbody has to be the tail end of the bell curve.

But that actually works out pretty well for me since there are twice as many villain weeks.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    I get more 2* covers during villain weeks than heroic weeks.

Not questioning the conventional wisdom on that; SOMEbody has to be the tail end of the bell curve.

But that actually works out pretty well for me since there are twice as many villain weeks.

I also tend to get more 2* covers in villain. Heros I tend to get iso and 1*
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Villain LRs are also better for me.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    gravel wrote:
    Villain LRs are also better for me.

Great for you all, but the question of the op still stands, why do we have different droprates in pvp? btw. I have the same pattern like the op. Villain week is under 5-% droprate for 2*s, Champ week is about 30+% 2* droprate.

There are threads about this matter:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51320

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45460
  • The Bob The
    Holy cow that is weird. Thank you for the answers (and thanks Tizian for the links). I had assumed the better heroic droprate was a given - I get 1-2 in a typical villain week and 30+ in a hero week (average four per round and play many rounds) and have heard the same from others.

So I guess I need to amend the question: Why does there seem to be a week-to-week disparity? Random doesn't seem to cut it when we're looking at consistent trends across multiple events in a week. Or are there some that don't get any boom/bust trend whatsoever?
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    For me and everyone in my alliance Hero LR pay out 2* much better than Villain LR. During last week's Villain LR I went 1/112 in 2* pulls. This week I'm currently at 16/90. We've been tracking for the past month or so and this has been pretty consistent. We also find that some people have consistently better 2* draw rates than others.

What I really want to know is why do we get two weeks of Villain LR followed by one week of Hero LR? Really wish they alternated since the Hero ones pay out so much better.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only LR-related 2* I've gotten today have been from standard tokens earned in LR's. Literally all but two of my 39 rewards have been 70 ISO or 1*. I got a pair of 250 ISO rewards. That's it, so far. Yesterday was similar, and both days have been pretty par for the course for me in Heroic weeks.

Again, bell curve, tail, etc. I don't dispute that y'all have had/are having issues with it, but my experience has been the opposite. Villain LR's have decent rates, Heroic LR's, everything dries up for me.
  • The Bob The
    No, that's useful, and I really should revise the hed. I'm now curious about how 2* cluster across types - if it's random, given the number of LRs nuts like us play, we should see things even out, but instead we see clear and consistent differences for type of LR.