How to spend Taco Tokens?

BassMuffinFIve
BassMuffinFIve Posts: 231
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I just recently started playing again (thanks S.H.I.E.L.D. ranks!) and was wondering what is the best way to spend your taco tokens? Is it best to save up 300 and clear out a vault? 200?100? Spend willy nilly? 300 takes an awfully long time...

I finally champed all my 3*s, am running a 2* farm, and all my 4*s are randomly 1-7 covers (4* transition woes) if that helps at all with the opening strategy.

Thanks!

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Save until you get a bunch. Also wait until you've championed many 2*s and 3*s, so that they don't go to waste.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Take calculated risks in the right vault.

I hoard my tacos until a vault with two 4*s I can use and at least one of them needs to be elite. I also prefer if one of those is a newer 4* that I need the cover for, not an old one I can use for a champ level. If I have more than 150 tokens, I think it's a pretty good risk for that vault and I pull covers until I get what I want.

The next vault I will likely make pulls is in a few weeks when Peggy is up. And I'll probably be doing that regardless of what the other 4* character is.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Right now I only spend them when I need more health packs. It made the last run of Civil War smoother for me and when I needed a health pack at one point I also wound up with a legendary, a 4*, 15,000ish ISO and a whole lot of 2* covers for the farm.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right away. Unless you have a reason not to.

Reasons not to might include...
    - You don't have enough Iso to champ potential 2-3* rewards
    - You want to save them up for health packs
    - The 4* covers on offer are maxed in your roster

Saving up made sense before CL and XP. It might still make sense if the 4* offerings aren't attractive in a given run. If you're still in early transition you want everything you can get right away, but if your 4* is developed it makes sense to hang on to them and wait until a vault features a cover you need to progress so you can empty it out.

If you're not aiming for anything in particular, just building organically, spend 'em. You get the XP, which contributes to large bonus Iso and access to new CL, if you're not already at the top. Plus whatever prize you get. If you're set on the group of 5 3* and are cycling 2* holding back just delays your progress.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    You have all the 3*s champed and a 2* farm. I dunno why that isn't obvious from your OP, but based on that, you don't really need vaults to worry as much about HP for rostering characters or the 2-3* covers (though they are a nice bonus as champ rewards).

I'm in about the same boat as you, but my 4*s are farther along. I'm saving mine until I get an attractive vault with good 4* covers that I need, ideally when I am hovering at ~100 tacos.

Saving the 300 isn't as great of an option when everything in the vault can be useful as it can be for people like you and me with all the smaller players champed. After I pull my mini-hoard (about 50 in each vault right now), I don't think I will save again. The immediate payoff in XP, ISO, HP, and champ levels is more valuable now. That rewards cascade will pay off more than waiting for specific 4*s and hoping you have enough tacos to get them, imo.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    I collect one vault and spend the other one asap. So for example, I will collect sweet tacos until I hit about 100 tacos and the 3*'s are appealing overall so I can benefit from the champed characters more, and I will spend the savory tacos as soon as I get them. I mainly do this so it feels like I'm still progressing in some fashion and can still get a benefit of hoarding some tokens while still getting covers the next week.

It's alright, but a soon as I hit some of the higher rewards on my sweet tacos I stop spending them and start stashing them again until I hit that 100 tacos mark.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I think there are 3 schools of thought here that could be valid:
    1 - just open them as they come.
    2 - save them for health packs.
    3 - build up a stack of 300 so you *can* empty a vault if necessary to accomplish the true goal which is: Wait for a vault with 2x good 4* covers. Open until you have gotten the 4* covers and the legendary token; then stop. Rinse/Repeat.
  • "How to spend Taco Tokens?"

Unless you are literally a brand new player and not yet committed to investing in slots, open them all. Right away. Don't even let one sit on top of the other.

OK you got me. I suppose I should have titled it "Taco Token stockpiling strategies" icon_razz.gif