My recent customer service experience - opinion poll

Options
ZW2007-
ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
With the first re-run of the Saheeli event (that seems like it took place weeks ago), I was unable to join the event. I submitted a support ticket as suggested by forum mods. I got a reply that asked for the same information I had already provided, etc. you all know the story. After the event ended I got another reply asking if I was now able to join events (which I was, which was also irrelevant since I missed the entire event) or if I wanted them to continue their investigation. I replied that yes I was able to join events and asked if I could receive the mythic that my coalition earned in the event that I did not receive. They responded that they credited me with 250 crystals as an apology for the inconvenience. I replied that while I appreciated the crystals, all I wanted was the mythic that I would have earned by doing absolutely nothing in the event had I been able to join (since my coalition still got 9th place without me). They replied that they cannot further compensate me. I received this last reply on Saturday (I was shocked that they replied on a weekend). I didn't see it until today because I assumed I wouldn't get another reply. Anyway, my last reply simply asked why I could not receive the mythic that I should have and stated that I would gladly give back the 250 crystals in exchange. I want to know what you all think. To be honest I don't even care that much about the mythic or the crystals, I just wanted to make another post pointing out how poor customer service is.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Oaklanbash
    Oaklanbash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would rather have the 250 crystals over another dupe SOI Mythic icon_e_smile.gif
  • MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What makes it so terrible is that it isn't a physical item that costs them anything. It's as simple as a button click for them to give you the mythic. If I won a Nobel prize but couldn't fly to Sweden to collect it because the nobel person in charge of travel arrangements misbooked my flight, the Nobel prize committee wouldn't be like "sorry you missed the awards ceremony, you don't get the Nobel anymore, but here's 20 bucks. Thanks!"
    Just shady, shady, shay-dee. I bet you support the game by spending real money too. Shows just how much they appreciate your support, doesn't it?
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    they probably always convert their digital items (crystals included) into cash and consider how to compensate you based on that.

250 crystal is worth over $8 with $100 for 3000 conversion rate or $12.5 with $5 for 100 rate!

to them, it's the lost income if you have purchased the crystals with real cash!!!

yeah, op is fairly compensated!!!
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While I understand your sentiment and I agree you were screwed, I don't think you should be given a mythic. The only reason you kinda have a claim to one is because your coalition did well enough to finish top ten without you. Had this been not the case they would have kicked you out of the coalition to plug in someone else to lock top ten, in which case that person would have earned that mythic and you would have no case at all. At the end of the day, you contributed as many points to the event as I did so I could claim I deserve that mythic as well had I been allowed to sub for you, the only kicker in your favour being that you were part of the coalition while I wasn't. So, your case rests on the hypothetical, and if we go that route then we could make a lot of cases for a lot of guys who could have, should have, would have done this or that.
  • tomatus89
    tomatus89 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Omega Red wrote:
    While I understand your sentiment and I agree you were screwed, I don't think you should be given a mythic. The only reason you kinda have a claim to one is because your coalition did well enough to finish top ten without you. Had this been not the case they would have kicked you out of the coalition to plug in someone else to lock top ten, in which case that person would have earned that mythic and you would have no case at all. At the end of the day, you contributed as many points to the event as I did so I could claim I deserve that mythic as well had I been allowed to sub for you, the only kicker in your favour being that you were part of the coalition while I wasn't. So, your case rests on the hypothetical, and if we go that route then we could make a lot of cases for a lot of guys who could have, should have, would have done this or that.

But he stayed in the coalition during the whole event, that's a fact, there are no "could haves, should haves or would haves". So at the end game bug = lost mythic. If the coalition was not good enough and finished lower, in my opinion, he should have been rewarded with the coalition reward on that rank, being that a rare, uncommon or runes... doesn't matter.

So I think he should have been rewarded with one mythic and no crystals.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tomatus89 wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:

But he stayed in the coalition during the whole event, that's a fact, there are no "could haves, should haves or would haves". So at the end game bug = lost mythic. If the coalition was not good enough and finished lower, in my opinion, he should have been rewarded with the coalition reward on that rank, being that a rare, uncommon or runes... doesn't matter.

So I think he should have been rewarded with one mythic and no crystals.

Yeah, he stayed in the coalition the whole time so what? Membership doesn't guarantee you anything, you have to at least join and finish each event with your coalition to get the rewards. Again, it's very unfortunate that he couldn't join for reasons out of his control but the fact is that he missed the event altogether and he most likely would have been kicked from the coalition to make room for someone else, had the top ten score ever been at risk.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Omega Red wrote:
    Yeah, he stayed in the coalition the whole time so what? Membership doesn't guarantee you anything, you have to at least join and finish each event with your coalition to get the rewards. Again, it's very unfortunate that he couldn't join for reasons out of his control but the fact is that he missed the event altogether and he most likely would have been kicked from the coalition to make room for someone else, had the top ten score ever been at risk.

I think you still missed the point. He was able, willing, and committed to participate and compete in the event with his guild. Due to a technical issue that was confirmed 100% the application providers fault, he was unable to opt in for the tournament and as such was denied the coalition reward that was earned. That reward should be awarded to him in retrospect as it is guaranteed that if he were to join the event he would have won that same reward.. guaranteed.

Now, in regards to the compensation that was awarded, perhaps that's all they are allowed to award based on their company policy. Considering you're not even asking for the progression rewards, and you're even offering the 250 crystals back, I think you should most definitely be awarded the Mythic. (If it can be done, that is).
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    Omega Red wrote:

I think you still missed the point. He was able, willing, and committed to participate and compete in the event with his guild. Due to a technical issue that was confirmed 100% the application providers fault, he was unable to opt in for the tournament and as such was denied the coalition reward that was earned. That reward should be awarded to him in retrospect as it is guaranteed that if he were to join the event he would have won that same reward.. guaranteed.

Now, in regards to the compensation that was awarded, perhaps that's all they are allowed to award based on their company policy. Considering you're not even asking for the progression rewards, and you're even offering the 250 crystals back, I think you should most definitely be awarded the Mythic. (If it can be done, that is).

But he didn't participate. And that's the basic criteria for winning the event.

Sure there were technical difficulties... But it's a buggy game and everyone has had those. I too want all my mythics from the times I froze where I would have gotten perfect score otherwise.

I didn't even get crystal as compensation.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    I too want all my mythics from the times I froze where I would have gotten perfect score otherwise.

To be clear, like I stated in my OP, I don't care about the mythic. I just wanted to point out that customer service does not really live up to its name.

Now to the point of all your mythics you've lost due to game freezes. Maybe you have the most incredible collection of cards and are an infallible player and never lose games outside of freezes but there is still a chance you could have lost the game that froze to horrible luck, even if that chance is .0001%. Unless of course the game froze after you won and you weren't awarded your points when you should have been. There is still the chance that you would have missed the mythic due to a tie breaker. How is customer service supposed to compensate you on unsubstantiated claims? Maybe your 'freeze' was actually your phone's battery dying cause you couldn't get to your charger in time. I could go on but I'm sure you get the point. Fact is, all I had to do to get the mythic was tap a button, which I tapped many times. Each time I was rewarded with 'Something went wrong...' Again, I do not care about the mythic. The only reason any of this came up is because a dev or forum moderator (David [Hi-Fi] Moore) told me to submit a ticket to customer support, so I did. I never got a real reply until after the event had ended and my problem was never solved. I had their attention so I inquired about the mythic to see if I could get it retroactively. Their solution was to throw 250 crystals at me to make me go away. I don't think that's how the situation should have been handled.

As to someone else's remarks that my coaltion probably would have kicked me if we came close to dipping out of top 10. No, they wouldn't have. Our minimum requirement to stay in the coalition is to earn however many ribbons it takes to get personal rewards + 20%. So for current Terrors event that would be 180 ribbons which isn't even half of the maximum you can earn with a perfect score. Before all the overlapping events even started we discussed it and decided that the Saheeli Rai events wouldn't count toward coalition requirements and that you could play or not at your own discretion. It just turned out that a lot of our members really wanted to win Saheeli Rai so they ended up placing high. Had they asked me to step out so someone else could join that would have been fine with me and I would have no case for the mythic I missed. Had that happened, I bet customer service would still have just thrown 250 crystals at me to make me go away.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    ZW2007- wrote:
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    I too want all my mythics from the times I froze where I would have gotten perfect score otherwise.

To be clear, like I stated in my OP, I don't care about the mythic. I just wanted to point out that customer service does not really live up to its name.

Now to the point of all your mythics you've lost due to game freezes. Maybe you have the most incredible collection of cards and are an infallible player and never lose games outside of freezes but there is still a chance you could have lost the game that froze to horrible luck, even if that chance is .0001%. Unless of course the game froze after you won and you weren't awarded your points when you should have been. There is still the chance that you would have missed the mythic due to a tie breaker. How is customer service supposed to compensate you on unsubstantiated claims? Maybe your 'freeze' was actually your phone's battery dying cause you couldn't get to your charger in time. I could go on but I'm sure you get the point. Fact is, all I had to do to get the mythic was tap a button, which I tapped many times. Each time I was rewarded with 'Something went wrong...' Again, I do not care about the mythic. The only reason any of this came up is because a dev or forum moderator (David [Hi-Fi] Moore) told me to submit a ticket to customer support, so I did. I never got a real reply until after the event had ended and my problem was never solved. I had their attention so I inquired about the mythic to see if I could get it retroactively. Their solution was to throw 250 crystals at me to make me go away. I don't think that's how the situation should have been handled.

As to someone else's remarks that my coaltion probably would have kicked me if we came close to dipping out of top 10. No, they wouldn't have. Our minimum requirement to stay in the coalition is to earn however many ribbons it takes to get personal rewards + 20%. So for current Terrors event that would be 180 ribbons which isn't even half of the maximum you can earn with a perfect score. Before all the overlapping events even started we discussed it and decided that the Saheeli Rai events wouldn't count toward coalition requirements and that you could play or not at your own discretion. It just turned out that a lot of our members really wanted to win Saheeli Rai so they ended up placing high. Had they asked me to step out so someone else could join that would have been fine with me and I would have no case for the mythic I missed. Had that happened, I bet customer service would still have just thrown 250 crystals at me to make me go away.

How is customer service to know if you would have gotten hit by a car while crossing the road and playing the event? I can talk about what ifs all day, but the fact is you did not participate, so you were not eligible to win. You failed at the first hurdle. Whether it was your fault or not is irrelevant.

You're right about the 250 crystals though. They shouldn't even give it to you. Everyone has issues, and we don't get 250 crystals.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    But he didn't participate. And that's the basic criteria for winning the event.
    Yes he did participate. He logged into the application and Joined the event. Due to a server issue, which was confirmed 100% at fault from the application provider, it did not register him for the event, and as such he lost all rewards entitled to him. I think you're blurring the lines of "participation" in your favour, which makes your argument lose weight.
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    How is customer service to know if you would have gotten hit by a car while crossing the road and playing the event? I can talk about what ifs all day, but the fact is you did not participate, so you were not eligible to win. You failed at the first hurdle. Whether it was your fault or not is irrelevant.

Customer service already confirmed there was an issue, hence they issued him the 250 crystals. There are no "what ifs" here. So your counter-argument is faulty and holds no weight.
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    But it's a buggy game and everyone has had those. I too want all my mythics from the times I froze where I would have gotten perfect score otherwise.

Nice try at a straw man argument here. He's not even talking about personal rewards, or personal ranking, or even playing matches. He's talking about the fact that if he were able to join the event, ie. with no Server error, then even if he played 0 matches he would have been awarded the Mythic. That is the issue. It is not about "the game freezing" and he loses a rank which might have cost him a Mythic.
    Pqmtg- wrote:
    You're right about the 250 crystals though. They shouldn't even give it to you. Everyone has issues, and we don't get 250 crystals.

No, everyone did not have issues. I did not have issues, nor did the thousands of other players who were able to join the event. For those that did have issues, they can log a ticket with support, which he did. So yes, since they confirmed there was an issue, they should and did give him recompense. If you read the OP, the issue isn't whether or not he is entitled to compensation, it's the "type" of compensation that he was questioning, ie. 250 crystals vs. the Mythic that was granted as a coalition reward.

Regardless of the discourse above, I have a feeling that they are only allowed to award crystals as compensation, whether for technical reasons for by company policy.
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can confirm that customer support does have the ability to grant you cards. Only under extreme circumstances though.

I could not join the Terrors in the Shadows events the first 4 rounds. I was blocked from earning the exclusive cards offered. Initially support gave me the 250 crystal compensation. It got escalated and they then gave me a single card as compensation. Sadly it was not one of the cards I was excluded from and it was a duplicate of a card I had received 3 or 4 times. I gave up then.

So do not expect much. When you pay your money you take your chances. Literally here, as the EUA you agreed to when you downloaded the game is one of the worst. You have no rights to anything.