event tokens (yet again)

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
from my 2 cage match tokens yesterday i pulled a red 2* thor and a red 2* thor.

black vortex tokens today i pulled a purp 2* magneto and a purp 2* magneto.

now, i do pull the occasional useful cover from event tokens so they're not bad 100% of the time. but they're definitely bad 99% of the time. but this ^^ is ridiculous to the point of being laughable.

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I agree totally. It's so frustrating to grind to get those tokens and pop your 495th 2-star Wolverine. If I were in charge, I'd make the event tokens more generous, but also remove them from being purchasable. Or have two tiers of tokens, as has occasionally been done, with one for sale with "normal" odds and one reward token with much greater odds.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    That's why I love vaults. The **** luck HAS to run out eventually on vaults but bad luck on event tokens is about as shakeable as herpes.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    now, i do pull the occasional useful cover from event tokens so they're not bad 100% of the time. but they're definitely bad 99% of the time. but this ^^ is ridiculous to the point of being laughable.

Ah, the sweet scent of confirmation bias.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or just start a 2* farm and any pull will be useful icon_e_smile.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I'd take any token over a heroic.

Heroic is a 2* token for me (usually mhawkeye) I hate them. From the off season event tokens I've had 2 gold and a Peggy cover. Guess that's just how rngesus wants it, did you try praying to him? Perhaps offering a sacrifice?
  • jredd
    Magic wrote:

don't currently have the hp to afford the extra roster slots otherwise i would.

it'd be nice if, at a certain point, the odds of pulling 2* from event tokens dropped, and 3* increased. not asking for 5* here...
  • jredd
    JHawkInc wrote:
    jredd wrote:

Ah, the sweet scent of confirmation bias.

quiet you.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    Magic wrote:

it'd be nice if, at a certain point, the odds of pulling 2* from event tokens dropped, and 3* increased. not asking for 5* here...
    That's the Beauty of a two-star farm, it generates a lot of HP. Each two-star champion nets you 375 HP (250 from champion levels, 125 from Selling them), so once you are on the third version of the character you are HP positive. It is an excellent move for long-term growth.
    I was actually a Little worried I overspent HP trying to get Quake in Civil War since I was down below 1000HP for the first time in memory. I shouldn't have worried though, my farm has gotten me back to 8000 HP by now.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    Magic wrote:

If you are worried about HP when you have a 2* at 144 and get an extra cover sell the 144 and use that roster slot to rebuild the new cover. You should aim to have 4-5 champed 2* at all time and it will keep the HP flowing. The other benefit is when you sell the 2* you level and champ your next max covered 2* so the you don't feel the ISO drain