Due to monthly buffs, expiration dates

rkd80
rkd80 Posts: 376
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Expiration time for covers should be adjusted as it has not scaled well with the game. In general people open a lot more tokens than before and due to the monthly buff rotation it makes sense to either:

a) Increase expiration date on all 4*+ covers to 30 dats.
b) Create some kind of expiration vault, where people are allowed to stash a certain number of covers to determine whether it makes sense to sell or not.

Otherwise people are forced to hoard and fear opening tokens and that is no fun for anyone.

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    star.png = 1 week
    star.pngstar.png = 2 weeks
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png = 3 weeks
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png = 4 weeks
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png = 5 weeks

Please.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would actually like to see them make each cover colorless and you can just add them to you character. Then once you get to 13 covers an extra cover can be added for X number of levels until championing. Maybe 5 levels, maybe 10?? This way tokens can always be pulled and you won't need to sell a cover for such little ISO ever again.
  • rkd80
    If they go coverless it takes a giant chunk out of the RNG and since the whole game is built on RNG, it seems almost impossible to envision that.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:
    If they go coverless it takes a giant chunk out of the RNG and since the whole game is built on RNG, it seems almost impossible to envision that.

So does your suggestion. Their current method makes people have to make hard choices between things like spending CP to buy covers, spending money on ISO, buying/using HP to roster, or selling the cover and hoping for better luck the next time the RNG train comes around. As nice as your suggestion is, I doubt it would happen.
  • rkd80
    My suggestion is in line with other modifications they have done that address evolution of the game. THey have greatly increased ISO-8, something they actually SELL. To increase expiration dates on the account of buffs seems like a relative benign change compared to all the other changes they have recently made.