Cho straight to roster?

Kirinknight
Kirinknight Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just completed the Amadeus Inferno event and my awarded Cho cover went straight to a new roster spot. Not in my cover queue and not to my existing Cho that has space for the cover in that color. Anybody else experience same?

Comments

• MightyBP
    MightyBP Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Same happened to me. Had a 2/2/1 Cho on the roster already and a full roster and yet Cho was added directly and is character 100 put of 99 now.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Just completed the Amadeus Inferno event and my awarded Cho cover went straight to a new roster spot. Not in my cover queue and not to my existing Cho that has space for the cover in that color. Anybody else experience same?

See the Cho PVE thread- pg 2 onward is full of forumites posting similar experiences
  • Same to me as well. My Amadeus is 5/0/1 in which the reward turned out to be the color I have maxed out (Green). Thats horrible to force him on to the roster. I basically did these fights for no reason and damaged my guys to have no reward. I can't even sell the cover for ISO. That isn't right!
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most if not all of the people are in the same boat. You still got plenty of ISO out of this mini-event.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    People chill. You really think it's working as intended? Simmer down, and let them resolve it when they get back into the office today.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    MojoWild wrote:
    People chill. You really think it's working as intended? Simmer down, and let them resolve it when they get back into the office today.

hopefully this happens. in the meantime, i'd like to thank the game for defaulting to the 1 cover cho in my surplus roster spot on the cho node, rather than my 12 cover cho i already had...
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    You can leave him there if I can keep the extra roster slot icon_e_wink.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hesitate to buy a new roster slot for fear that I won't get it, that my 103/102 will simply become 103/103 and I'll have to buy yet another one to roster a new character.

I'm hoping to NOT pull a new release that I have to spend 2K HP to roster because I have a Cho cover rostered that I did not want rostered... I would have liked him added to my existing Cho.

The only thing D3 can do is gift us another one and ask us to sell the solo cover. I fear selling it in case they need me to prove that I did in fact get it. Hoping that the communication comes out today addressing this issue and the planned resolution of it.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    do not buy a new roster slot - can't remember where, but I saw that someone did it from the roster page, and it counted the extra cho slot as the newly purchased slot.

if you recruit a new character from your queue, it will add the character, but you will still be (x+1)/x.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Selling a non-chulk character will also make you lose the spot. I'm back at x/x.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I simply don't understand how this got through testing. Yes, a random cover reward is a new thing for the game, but the first person to test this should have gone "Whoops, I didn't get the reward. It rostered the new Cho instead. Oh well, send it back to the programmers to try again". There's no way this bug should ever have gone live.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Orion wrote:
    I simply don't understand how this got through testing.

Which brings up the question if they even tested it.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Orion wrote:
    I simply don't understand how this got through testing.

LOL you assume there is any testing. WE are the testers. They simply don't care because the next patch is less than 2 weeks away.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I'll assume maybe it worked as intended in the test environment...
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, it looks weird as my roster is 108/107.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Official bug acknowledgement is here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=52699

Locking this thread.
This discussion has been closed.