4* Covers in progression

Suddenreal
Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So, we've had the Shield Clearance levels for a few events already, and I've started to notice a trend. For the moment, every 4* cover we had as a progression reward was the first colour of that character. I know it's too early to call, but I do hope that they will change this up some time later, otherwise, there will be a point where we will have a 5/0/0. Any chance we can get a confirmation there will be a cover rotation in the future?

PS: also, the 3* covers in progression are both the same colour. Any chance this could be changed to two different colours? Nothing worse than getting a cover for a 5/4/2 you can't use other than knowing you'll get another one further down the line.

Comments

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Actually, it's seemed like it's the "most powerful" of the color (at least to me).

Starlord is coming up, and it's Red, which is his 3rd power.

Mr. Fantastic (at least for the T1 reward) was Black, his 3rd power too, except we got the "old-style" event for 4* Luke's cover.
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I'm not talking about the reward in the ranking, but in the progression rewards. We don't know what cover for Starlord we get at the moment because the event hasn't started yet. Venom was the first cover we got as a progression reward in CL 7, and his cover was Green, then came Iron Man with a Red cover, and now (because we skipped Mr Fantastic and Luke Cage) we get a Green Cho. All of these are the first colour for each of these characters.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    ****-Lord's cover is purple, from the event preview.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Assuming nothing has changed, the cover color is random. That's been the case since the beginning, much to our collective chagrin.
  • monsieurmojo
    El Satanno wrote:
    Assuming nothing has changed, the cover color is random. That's been the case since the beginning, much to our collective chagrin.

OP is right: we've had four events with SCL7 (including the one that begins tomorrow), and all four 4* progression covers have been their "top" color power. Venom green, Hulkbuster red, Cho green, Star-Lord purple. Nothing random about that.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    El Satanno wrote:

OP is right: we've had four events with SCL7 (including the one that begins tomorrow), and all four 4* progression covers have been their "top" color power. Venom green, Hulkbuster red, Cho green, Star-Lord purple. Nothing random about that.

I'd argue that it's more likely that, if this isn't random, that they're following the DDQ method (i.e. the next time the cover comes around, it'll be the second color) than what the OP is afraid of (that it'll keep being the same cover). Trick is that we wouldn't find that out for about another 6 months.
  • DDQ did the same thing from the beginning, eventually the other colors will come around.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno wrote:

That's incredibly flawed logic, friend. "Top" power is completely subjective so the premise of your argument is balanced completely on where you happen to be standing. Devs have posted plenty in the past that cover rewards everywhere except Taco Time are random. And that is not subjective.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

That's incredibly flawed logic, friend. "Top" power is completely subjective so the premise of your argument is balanced completely on where you happen to be standing. Devs have posted plenty in the past that cover rewards everywhere except Taco Time are random. And that is not subjective.
    "Top" in this case does not mean "best" but ínstead "the one at the top" as opposed to "the one in the middle" or "the one at the bottom". That is in no way subjective. As for the devs saying it is random... they also said the Crash of the titans order had been randomised and in the next breath asked if we could spot the pattern, so they may have a special definition of "random". Guess we'll see when a non-top cover shows up as a progression reward, it is a bit of a black swan argument.
  • El Satanno
    Quebbster wrote:
    "Top" in this case does not mean "best" but ínstead "the one at the top" as opposed to "the one in the middle" or "the one at the bottom". That is in no way subjective. As for the devs saying it is random... they also said the Crash of the titans order had been randomised and in the next breath asked if we could spot the pattern, so they may have a special definition of "random". Guess we'll see when a non-top cover shows up as a progression reward, it is a bit of a black swan argument.

Ah, multiple interpretation how I have missed thee. Assuming you are on the right side of the definition, I stand corrected. Of course, as you have mentioned we are very prone to receiving mixed messages from the devs so it's more guesswork than any of us is comfortable with.

Thanks also for introducing me to a concept to which I had been unexposed! Now I know about the Black Swan Argument. icon_e_smile.gif
  • monsieurmojo

Exactly! Top, in this case, meaning not middle and not bottom. Presumably, there's a very small chance that four of four covers could all be the top power listed generated randomly, but it's more likely that this falls under the same description of random that the new Crash order does.