The obnoxious "who to level" post

Options
Wobby
Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So this becomes important due to No Holds Barred... Who is the best to level here? I've got about 35K laying around from this Simulator so far.
The damage output of leveling Patch or Punisher higher isn't worth it to me, plus they mirror each other's strong colors. Regen says Patch is always on my team, and Punisher/Ares can go back and forth if needed.

This leaves us with the blue/black/purple question.

Keep going for broke with Spider-Man? (Cap at 100+ right now)
Actually push OBW up there in levels since there's no nerf in sight?
What about Doom/Mag? They are capped at 65 so unclear there's a huge gain to spend 10,000 each at this point.
Is MagNow worth sinking ISO into (fully covered but zero ISO)?

And what about Loki? No leveling so far since I can't find many black covers, but is his purple going to reliably set off cascade-city?

123 Patch (4/4/5) 110 Punisher (4/5/3) 85 Ares 85 Wolv 75 Spidey (4/4/3) 57 Thor (3/5/5) 56 Magneto (3/0/3) 5r Doom (3/3) 48 OBW (5/3/5) 42 Daredevil (3/1/3) 41 Thor*** (1/2/3) 40 BW* 37 CStorm (5/4/4) 34 MStorm (5/5/3) 31 Hulk (5/0/0) 30 IW 30 XFW 27 Cap (3/5/5) 18 GSBW (0/1/3) 18 Black Panth (1/1/2) 15 Loki (1/4) 15 IM40 (0/1/1) 15 Rag (1/2) 15 Hood (0/1/1) 6 MagNow (5/5/2) 15 Psylocke (1/0/0)

Comments

• PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spiderman & OBW are both good ways to go.

I know people are worried about the Spiderman nerf but I can't imagine that he still wouldn't have a lot of utility.

OBW is a crucial part of my team but I prefer the 3/5/5 build. I don't have a high level Spidey so her ability to steal AP and extend countdown tiles is essential for me to win matches with considerably higher level opponents.
  • PorkBelly wrote:
    Spiderman & OBW are both good ways to go.

I know people are worried about the Spiderman nerf but I can't imagine that he still wouldn't have a lot of utility.

OBW is a crucial part of my team but I prefer the 3/5/5 build. I don't have a high level Spidey so her ability to steal AP and extend countdown tiles is essential for me to win matches with considerably higher level opponents.
    Definitely level one of them since they compliment Wolverine well. If I were you, I'd level my "A team" before going for others. You said it yourself, you pretty much always use Wolverine. What point is having a few extra levels in your Magneto if you only use him once every 5 games while the Wolverine you use every game could be hitting for more damage?

If you are worried about the Spiderman nerf & want a great partner for Wolverine, level OBW. A high level spiderman could steal yellow tiles from Wolverine's Best There Is & OBW covers all the colors Wolverine doesn't. Plus, her healing can help keep your 3rd character healthy, which means you can keep playing your "A team" longer without health packs. Also, Espionage is amazing with strike tiles! IMO, it's more important to have 4 or 5 in Spidey blue than what level he is since that's his best skill & it doesn't scale with level.

I'd recommend leveling OBW & then put any remaining points into Wolverine.
  • OBW for sure.

Doom will be featured in the Simulator this week, so might be worth looking at, might help you in the LR's also.

I'd also keep levelling Patches, he's a monster.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OBW it is. Thanks all - up to 75 and ready to roll.
    Side question, 5/3/5 or 4/4/5?

Getting to 11 in purple seems like a chore too often maybe? I know the extra blue doesn't help much other than keeping purple cost down.
  • 3/5/5 for me
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wobby wrote:
    OBW it is. Thanks all - up to 75 and ready to roll.
    Side question, 5/3/5 or 4/4/5?

Getting to 11 in purple seems like a chore too often maybe? I know the extra blue doesn't help much other than keeping purple cost down.

3/5/5

Keeps purple relatively cheap & allows simultaneous healing and countdown tile extension. That's my preference, anyway.
  • This might sound weird but M.Storm is always useful in PvE events.

Also, there is a 1* PvP coming up.

I don't know how anyone finishes Prologue without Storm maxed.

I'm working on my 3* transition and could use some advise too.

My main heroes at the moment ar level 85 Thor/OBW/C.Storm/MN.Magneto

My 3*
    Psylocke 3/4/2 (89 MAX)
    Iron Man M40 1/3/3 (Lv 53 - 66max)
    Hulk 5/0/0 (Lv 51 - 64 max)
    Loki 4/4 (Lv 50 - 89 max)
    Punisher 2/4/2 (Lv 50 - max 77)
    Black Panther 2/2/3 (Lv 41 - max 64)
    Magneto C 3/2/1 (Lv 30 - max 53)

Currently holding 30k Iso but not sure if I should wait or pick some guys and just dump into them. Or split it into all.