Que issues in PvP

Mr_Sinister
Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Since the change I have noticed that finding people over 40 points is very difficult at every point level except when I enter the events.
I've spent thousands of ISO trying to find teams worth hitting and for some reason the same 3-5 subpar point value teams show up even when I know for certain there are higher value targets unshielded.

How many are having this issue and what is the cause? What is the fix? Forcing me to fight someone with under 30 points is not cool and very frustrating.

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Welcome to post cup cake pvp - as point lower at the top end it filters all the way down. But its ok because this is the game the devs want us to be playing - not the fun one we have been playing for the last 18 months or so
  • Mr_Sinister
    alphabeta wrote:
    Welcome to post cup cake pvp - as point lower at the top end it filters all the way down. But its ok because this is the game the devs want us to be playing - not the fun one we have been playing for the last 18 months or so

But why can't I que teams of value I know are out? That's what i don't understand. Post 800 I'm seeing the same people with nothing points even after using 2k+ ISO to hunt.

There are plenty of people higher than me yet my que seems restricted to teams 100+ points below me.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Where'd that cupcake thread go? I'd like to submit this testimony as evidence. I too have this problem, everyone is <35 points or it's the same few queues. I quadrupled someone from 55 last event, I apologize on a personal level, but hate the game (mode changes) not the player.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Hendross wrote:
    Where'd that cupcake thread go? I'd like to submit this testimony as evidence. I too have this problem, everyone is <35 points or it's the same few queues. I quadrupled someone from 55 last event, I apologize on a personal level, but hate the game (mode changes) not the player.

You know what's funny? I'm the OP of that thread.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    The reason you see people unshielded and can't queue them is there roster is likely too hard for you so you can't see them. This happens to me until I hit a really high point number like 1600. Up to then it's all <10 point nodes of 4* champion teams. Then all of a sudden I see champion 5* teams worth 60+ pts.

It's just MMR
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    That's the problem with mmr.

4* teams can't queue champed or near champed 5* teams, which are the teams that are posting the high point values. Because of the changes to defensive teams, 5* players can't switch to teams that the 4* and 3* teams can queue, in order to pass high value point targets on to lower star teams.
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    It's not an issue of the teams being too high. It's exactly as the op said. We are not being giving opponents that are worth good points, but only low point teams. I have been climbing with an alliance mate and I was completely unable to q him till I passed his point level. And we are in the same bracket!!! I am stuck at 850 right now and can not q a single team worth more than 40 points, even though I can see people are out above me that I know have teams that match my MMR. I have wasted more iso this shortened season skipping for q's, then a would have during a full length season. Something is definitely broken
  • Ramble2
    Ramble2 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I've got the same problem. I've been shielded at 960 since last night. I've spent thousands of ISO cycling every so often looking for one q worth more than 20 points that I can eventually hop with. Still looking.

The result is that I will ride my 24 h shield to its end, re-shield immediately with a 3 h shield without fighting a match and ride that to event end. If I could queue anything worth points, I'd have used all of my available shields at least one more time to reach 1200.

I'm a champ 4* player in a top 10 alliance who can't reach 1200 in this event AND 5* PLAYERS ARE STILL EASILY REACHING 2k+ SCORES. Wasn't this defensive team fix supposed to correct the "intimidation" that players feel when they look at the leaderboard and see such high scores?

Tell me again why the devs think this is fun?
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Ramble2 wrote:
    I've got the same problem. I've been shielded at 960 since last night. I've spent thousands of ISO cycling every so often looking for one q worth more than 20 points that I can eventually hop with. Still looking.

The result is that I will ride my 24 h shield to its end, re-shield immediately with a 3 h shield without fighting a match and ride that to event end. If I could queue anything worth points, I'd have used all of my available shields at least one more time to reach 1200.

I'm a champ 4* player in a top 10 alliance who can't reach 1200 in this event AND 5* PLAYERS ARE STILL EASILY REACHING 2k+ SCORES. Wasn't this defensive team fix supposed to correct the "intimidation" that players feel when they look at the leaderboard and see such high scores?

Tell me again why the devs think this is fun?

I agree with this so much

Game went from pay to win to pay to play
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm trying very hard to suppress a snarky comment.

Not succeeding.

This is exactly what we said would happen without cake.

I know you converted after being in the S1 check room, venom, so this is specifically not aimed at you.

To the rest who were thrilled to see CCs gone: you're reaping what you sowed now.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm enjoying the post-cupcake PvP, but it's mostly because my roster is strong enough to get to 1200 mostly on my own power. This has gotten me a lot better placement rewards than in the old days, particularly in the season - I'm ending in the top 50 instead of the top 250 previous seasons...
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Sorry to be that guy, but the word is "queue."
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle wrote:
    This is exactly what we said would happen without cake.

... because this is exactly what it was like before cakes became so widespread.

We've been here before.

Maybe newer players, who grew up with cakes and /or were drawn into PVP by the easy points cake created, thought we were just being gloomy? Or maybe the anti-cake moral upright brigade just didn't care and wanted to see pvp burn?

Envy can drive one to schadenfreude!

That is not entirely correct. The pre cupcake world did not have high level teams protected by their mmr so regardless of what level you were at, you can get high point queues as long as those players are out. Other issue that has also arisen since the pre cupcake era includes 5* and their tremendous health, a health buff across the board and Nerf to 3* powers making all matches slower in general exposing you to more attacks on your shield hops
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Gotta say my recent climb in shard 3 for the Cage pvp was miserable.

I'm among the lucky ones who have two champed 5*s and even I struggled to surpass 1200 progression.

Going off memory here so values may not be exact but around 900 the points really took a dive and I had to hit the same small group of players several times (probably 3+ each). I'm told I was added to their Kill on Sight list for doing this. As I got to 1050 my options were between 300 ISO skips worth 8 points or less...or maybe 2 players worth 60 then 50 each, then 35, etc.

I'm genuinely surprised I broke 1200 because I was out much longer than I was comfortable being out and it was all for poor points. Once I broke 1200 I literally couldn't queue anything above 8 points. Naturally I shielded asap and I'm glad I did because the hits came flooding real soon after.

The situation I described here is NORMAL for a 3* transitioner playing above their tier (so to speak) but it's very uncommon for a duel 5* level 460's player. I'm playing in Shard 3 as well, a shard known for its good points at the expense of placement.

I made my goal by angering others and playing a way I'd rather not play because the game gave no alternatives beyond giving up.

I really think D3 should consider an option to cheat points out of the MMR system based on leaders in that shard. By that I mean artificially improve the value of scores I'm skipping through to reflect a comeback mechanic that you'd find something like Mario Kart. Yeah these people are technically worth 4, 6, or 8 points but because there are players in the shard with 2200 points and you're only at 1100...we're going to artificially turn those 4, 6, and 8 point options to 34, 36 and 38 points for now.