Should 10 day seasons be the normal season?

Options
wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So with this season wrapping up this weekend and an anniversary shorten season comming up, the shortened season has felt really good to me. You have 4 PVP and the sim to push as high as you can and then 2 off season events that you can choose to play or choose to skip. I personally would love seasons to continue on a 10 day cycle compared to the 21 days that is our current standard season. What are your thoughts?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's fun, but I don't think I'd want them all the time. It'd be pretty hectic - if you're going for top progression, a longer season seems a little more forgiving in making up for a bad event or two. That 800-pt Shield Sim tho...
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been enjoying the shorter season, but I don't think I'd want it like this all the time. However, I'd love if a normal season had 2 ten day SHIELD Simulators. Each with the newest 4* at 800. There's usually 2 releases a season, why not 2 chances at a extra cover?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It'd be pretty hectic
    Feels less hectic to me. 10 day season and 4 day off-season means a much bigger % of the time is off-season (aka time to relax)
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If anything I'd wish they would shorten the offseason. The offseason stuff sucks.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's not 21 days though. Normally it takes 4 weeks or 28 days for a season and off season cycle. If you count off season to be 4 days, the season is then 24?

Anyway, 4 events season seems a little too short. Not much room left to not do as well in an event for whatever (RL) reason. Though, getting more rewards in the same time frame than before would be nice. Maybe meet halfway and try with 7 events (or 17 day season), starting a new season every 3 weeks?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe such a short season might not be the ideal, but reducing it from the standard would be an improvement and with more seasons they could cut the off-season to a single event each time.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    Maybe such a short season might not be the ideal, but reducing it from the standard would be an improvement and with more seasons they could cut the off-season to a single event each time.

Count me in. Shortened season, maybe 14 or 17 days and just one off season PvP, that would be ideal (lowering sim to something like 1200 and the max season progression to 6000 or something like that)

I dont like that in a 10 day season we still have two off season events. I dont like most of the off season events and it is much harder to get all progression rewards, so almost everything negative.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i like the 2 event off season. like others have mentioned it offers a nice break. especially for us who do pve and pvp.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    10 days are intense, too short, 14-17 days sounds good but actual 21 days are not bad.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    25 CP every 10 days instead of every 28 days would really speed up my hoard.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't care either way really, but I'd love for us to have an offseason over a weekend just once.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm seriously enjoying this shortened season.
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    I think the only reason that I like the shortened season is because the anniversary week is coming in behind it.

#FreeStuff
  • Orangecrush
    Options
    I would be thrilled if they made every season the same length and reward structure the same as this season.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bring back normal seasons. Too much pressure in such a short one. One bad event or even hop can ruin your entire season.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love 10 day seasons and would love for them to be the norm. 800 points to clear out the sim is brilliant. More prizes for less work is brilliant.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I found it slightly too short. I'd like a 5 PVP-long season (12.5 days) instead of 4. I think if it follows incrementally the numbers we saw this season (i.e. SHIELD SIM max progression=1000, Season max progression=5000, etc.) and has a one-event offseason, it would work out beautifully.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    snlf25 wrote:
    I love 10 day seasons and would love for them to be the norm. 800 points to clear out the sim is brilliant. More prizes for less work is brilliant.

If 10-day seasons became the norm you know they'd change the rewards, and they'd only end up being half as good because the season is half as long as before.

The only reason the season is shorter with the SAME rewards is because it's a rare thing, letting them set up for anniversary.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Making the (foolish) assumption that a shorter season would follow the same reward structure as this one, I'd poop my pants in excitement if this were the standard. Sim was glorious this season.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Short seasons for the win!