Heroic 10 pack isn't that enticing anymore

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
I recently opened my Season 32 Heroic Token 10-pack progression prize and proceeded to acquire 10 shiny 2* covers. The Heroic Token and it's poor odds lost its luster long ago, so I wasn't that surprised/disappointed by my bad luck. At least it got me 10 covers closer to recycling my two-stars. But for someone who doesn't champ-recycle, that basically equates to a 2500 ISO prize... the equivalent of 1 day in DDQ (less if you pull ISO from Taco Vault). Seems like a **** progression prize in comparison, when you consider the grind it takes to get it.

Any chance the Heroic 10-pack could become an Elite 10-Pack? How about a smaller number of Legendary Tokens? I can see it now... the Legendary Token 5-pack!

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Elite tokens are just Heroic tokens where you can't get fourstars. An elite token tenpack would be a downgrade.
    I feel the tenpack is appropriate where it is - you get it if you score 400 points in each PvP of the season, so it helps advance lesser roster. More advanced rosters can go for the later rewards instead.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Dormammu wrote:
    I recently opened my Season 32 Heroic Token 10-pack progression prize and proceeded to acquire 10 shiny 2* covers. The Heroic Token and it's poor odds lost its luster long ago, so I wasn't that surprised/disappointed by my bad luck. At least it got me 10 covers closer to recycling my two-stars. But for someone who doesn't champ-recycle, that basically equates to a 2500 ISO prize... the equivalent of 1 day in DDQ (less if you pull ISO from Taco Vault). Seems like a **** progression prize in comparison, when you consider the grind it takes to get it.

Any chance the Heroic 10-pack could become an Elite 10-Pack? How about a smaller number of Legendary Tokens? I can see it now... the Legendary Token 5-pack!

You actually get more from DDQ, even without using your taco tokens. A single node gives 1k iso, another gives 500iso, and completing all of them gives another 2k iso.
  • bastardbsn
    bastardbsn Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    It's definitely a hit or miss...probably more miss than hit but my Last season heroic 10 pack yielded me 4 4* and 2 3*. This season was just 2 3*.
  • Failbot
    Failbot Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    The problem is there are plenty if people who hit the 10 2*. Maybe have a scaling percentage on it. Every 2* decreases the % chance to get another one and increases the odds on 3* and 4*.
    That 2500 iso is basically worthless. Some people grind through the season and that's their reward? A few weeks of effort for essentially the daily login bonus iso now?
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    While I agree that the 10-pack that comes at 40% of top progression for season isn't an *awesome* prize... I always try to remember that its still better than the 1,000 ISO you got for 50% of top progression - and might even be more valuable than the 50HP you got for 75% of top progression.

Accepting that any non-legendary token is 'just ISO' (but could be something better) makes me less placement crazed for season end. The difference between t50 and t100 is basically 5 heroic tokens, or 1,250 ISO. (Those tokens have a marginally better chance of pulling a 3* or 4*, but the difference has become negligible as the number of included characters swelled.)

There is a comical double-standard there though, the difference between t1000 and the t500 (also-ran) prize for season is only 1x heroic token? To people finishing in that part of the bracket a single heroic could contain a truly difference making cover for them. Most of the people battling it out for t25 probably don't care what's inside the tokens that make up the difference in prize tiers.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    While I agree that the 10-pack that comes at 40% of top progression for season isn't an *awesome* prize... I always try to remember that its still better than the 1,000 ISO you got for 50% of top progression - and might even be more valuable than the 50HP you got for 75% of top progression.

Accepting that any non-legendary token is 'just ISO' (but could be something better) makes me less placement crazed for season end. The difference between t50 and t100 is basically 5 heroic tokens, or 1,250 ISO. (Those tokens have a marginally better chance of pulling a 3* or 4*, but the difference has become negligible as the number of included characters swelled.)

There is a comical double-standard there though, the difference between t1000 and the t500 (also-ran) prize for season is only 1x heroic token? To people finishing in that part of the bracket a single heroic could contain a truly difference making cover for them. Most of the people battling it out for t25 probably don't care what's inside the tokens that make up the difference in prize tiers.

I 100% disagree with that idea. Remember that the people that are competing for the t5, t10, t25, t50 for the season are extremely competitive. While it won't impact their rosters as much as a t1000 person, they've also demonstrated that they care that much more.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Failbot wrote:
    The problem is there are plenty if people who hit the 10 2*. Maybe have a scaling percentage on it. Every 2* decreases the % chance to get another one and increases the odds on 3* and 4*.
    That 2500 iso is basically worthless. Some people grind through the season and that's their reward? A few weeks of effort for essentially the daily login bonus iso now?
    Ever since I Went full out on my two-star farm I have been more than happy to get two-star covers. So of course I get more gold pulls now, too. icon_lol.gif