Master plan broken?

evade420
evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Since profx and switch are boosted this week I've been using winfinite , and noticed that master plan has been inconsistent in generating AP.
description says strongest color is purple , but some matches it doesn't generate it other times it works.
Anyone else having problems?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    A very old issue that plagues all strongest color abilities
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If there's a tie for your team's strongest color, the game breaks the tie by choosing at random, no matter what color the description says you'll get. This bug has been around for over a year and no D3/Demiurge staffer has ever acknowledged it, so it will probably never be fixed (like crit tiles falling or matching in place depending on certain characters being present).
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is happening to me and I have no tie for highest. SW is kicking out 85 purple and prof 82 blue.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Tony Foot wrote:
    This is happening to me and I have no tie for highest. SW is kicking out 85 purple and prof 82 blue.
    Is there a second color other than blue/purple at 85?
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Tony Foot wrote:

That's very weird - does it say in the description in match it is generating purple? You might want to grab some screen shots of that because it definitely doesn't sound right
  • feraldayor
    feraldayor Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I'm getting this as well.
  • Tony_Foot
    Kolence wrote:
    Tony Foot wrote:

Nope 82 is the next nearest. I have to admit it's why I came to the forum today as I assumed a nerf. It's quite hard to screen shot and prove without a video.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Kolence wrote:
    Tony Foot wrote:

Nope 82 is the next nearest. I have to admit it's why I came to the forum today as I assumed a nerf. It's quite hard to screen shot and prove without a video.

Not that hard to screen shot

1. Take screen shot of both characters match damge
    2. Take screen shot of your team AP before using GSBW purple
    3. Take Screen shot at the end of the critical cascades having created 2x cascades with GSBW

Optional additional screen shot showing the placement of GSBW purple just before you hit ok to fire it.
  • Tony_Foot
    Yeah the issue is it doesn't seem to be happening every time. I can't screen shot every time unit it happens again. It seems random.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Foot wrote:
    Yeah the issue is it doesn't seem to be happening every time. I can't screen shot every time unit it happens again. It seems random.

Run Shadowplay if you can, get a setup where you can hit the hotkey to record the last few minutes of gameplay footage (default Alt + F10, I believe, and the length of footage can be varied). Then when you notice it happening you can record it straight away and maybe make screenshots from that.