that **** shadowy character in the loading screen

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited October 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
Pre-release ability précis:
    Damage - 9 AP - Destroy rows, columns or target special tiles and cause damage.

Special Tiles - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) Create special tiles but send your allies airborne.

Damage - 9 AP - Match a special tile to transform this power and deal damage randomly to the enemy team.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
      CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited September 2016
      Three powers, six different effects, two that work unpredictably and one that uncontrollably messes with your allies. Yep, that sounds about right.
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      Not so sure how I feel about the random nature of these abilities. Too risky to use in PvP against strong opponents. Might win the match for you, or be completely useless. I guess we will see what the actual numbers are on this before making judgment. At least they are somewhat cheaper skills, not 13+ ap like the last few characters have had. (Cage and Spider-Woman).
      Also another character with green and purple actives and passive of another color. Ugh. Wish they would mix the color pie up more.
    • DeNappa
      DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
      Huh. It took me a while to realize you meant 'that four star character', and not 'that tinykitty character' icon_redface.gif
    • an1979
      an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
      Totally a new X-men! - not Gwenpool icon_cool.gif
    • wymtime
      wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
      Cthulhu wrote:

Special Tiles - 0 AP - (PASSIVE) Create special tiles but send your allies airborne.

Damage - 9 AP - Match a special tile to transform this power and deal damage randomly to the enemy team.
        Her passive is screaming Aunt May. When her heroes are constantly late for dinner and not doing their choirs she sends them airborne by grounding them and not letting them out of the house. But because she is Aunt May and the ultimate motivator she always picks them up and gives them a special tile to let them know she believes in them.
      • Blahahah
        Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
        Hey look at that. Another black passive with blowback.

Not necessarily. Sending allies airborn is pretty handy in some situations
      • mhorham
        mhorham Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
        Mille the model
      • Marc_Spector
        Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
        Hey, look at that -- another purpleflag.pnggreenflag.pngicon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
      • UrbanSherpa
        UrbanSherpa Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
        My guess is that it is Medusa.
        Her hair tosses allies airborne for protection. blackflag.png
        Super hair powers activate for damage. purpleflag.pnggreenflag.png

If it is, my guess is she will pair nicely with Black Bolt.
      • zodiac339
        zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
        Cthulhu wrote:

Purple sounds like a "swinging the swords" kind of thing. I hope the animation changes depending on it being a row or a column,

Black makes me think that whatever she's doing is making her allies run for their lives/jump behind cover. Hopefully some strong strike or attack tiles from this.

Green... Is this a countdown you're supposed to match? It shouldn't be just any kind of special tile or even a specific type that any random ally or enemy might make. And would the (supposed) countdown do anything if you don't match it?

Doesn't sound like a competitive character, but does sound potentially fun. Especially the passive. ...We'll have to be really high rank to get a black cover, won't we? icon_e_sad.gif
        • jjst05
          jjst05 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
          With his colors. Sounds like a Civil War 2 variation of She Hulk
        • Gorca
          Gorca Posts: 5
          Hello Gwen Poole.
        • Mechahamster
          Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
          Finally, a 4 star.png Squirrel Girl.
        • CrookedKnight
          CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
          I'm not sure why anybody is treating this as a guessing game, it doesn't take datamining (and indeed I haven't done any) to see who that silhouette is.
        • hesjingixen
          hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
          I'm just glad Gwenpool is going to a 4*. I'm not sure I could have handled an "anniversary style" 5*.

Oh, and btw, this is ANOTHER green/purple/black with one passive. There isn't a single green/purple/black with all active powers. What's up with that?
        • Xzasxz
          Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
          Perfectly suits Drunken Master. But from another story ...
        • whitecat31
          whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
          I am actually going to guess Jessica Jones. Will she be drunk or sober?
        • Felessa
          Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
          Hey, look at that -- another purpleflag.pnggreenflag.pngicon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
          So much this icon_neutral.gif ... would it be so hard to be all active colors, or even purpleflag.pngblackflag.png or blackflag.pnggreenflag.png ?
        • waywreth
          waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
          Gwenpool officially confirmed - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_gHuJ1Rd34
        • pabasa130
          pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
          The marvel.com interview showed only one power for Gwenpool and it was a black active of 9AP cost which throws a teammate airborne and creates protect tiles.

Quite different from this precis. I hope the colour scheme stays. Even if it's blacktile.png / purpletile.png or blacktile.png / greentile.png actives and the other a passive it's already an uncommon colour combo.