Changed the AI, have you?

shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
The AI has started making some moves that I've never seen it do before.

And that's fine, I'm not going to go on a big rant about how I've been robbed of winning some games due to unannounced changes in the code.

However, I *am* going to go on a big rant about how you are wasting your time on unimportant changes when there are still bugs in the system which cause lockups and freezes which are costing people games.

Transform cards STILL aren't working, I've had Thing in the Ice lock up costing me games and prizes in the event. And you waste your time and mine making unimportant changes to the game?

On a related note, here's 2 weeks worth of emails to what is laughingly called your 'customer support'. It reads bottom to top. What does 'escalated for review' mean exactly?

Re: [D3 Go!] Re: Avacyn refund
D3 Go! (support+id246928@d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.com)

Hello! Is the review process still ongoing? My Avacyn has been broken for some considerable time now.

From: D3 Go! Customer Support (LC) (D3 Go!) <support@d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.com>
Sent: 23 September 2016 23:22
Subject: [D3 Go!] Re: Avacyn refund

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (246928) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
D3 Go! Cus

D3 Go! Customer Support (LC) (D3 Go!)

Sep 23, 16:22 PDT

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Your ticket has been escalated for review. We are currently addressing your issue and will contact you as soon as we can with the appropriate resolution.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,
D3 Go! Customer Support Team (LMC)

Sep 21, 12:25 PDT

Hiya! I purchased Avacyn from the Google Play Store., where I always get updates and purchases for your game from.

Here is the relevant section of Google's refund policies:

After 48 hours or more
Contact the developer

If 48 hours have passed, the developer is responsible for deciding if you are eligible for a refund. Contact the app developer directly and ask for a refund. You can find an app developer's contact information listed on an app or game's Details page on Google Play. For instructions, go to help with an Android app or game<https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113418>.
Contact an Android app's developer - Computer - Google Play Help
support.google.com
Most apps on the Play Store are made by third-party developers, not by Google. The developers are responsible for supporting their apps and making sure they work well for you. You should contact an ap

So they have sent me back to you. I look forward to hearing from you again.

- Steve Moran.

D3 Go! Cus

D3 Go! Customer Support (LC) (D3 Go!)

Sep 20, 09:49 PDT

Hello D3 Go! Customer,

We do not handle refunds directly. If you still desire a refund, please contact the store in which you purchased them and follow up with a refund request with them.

Thank you for taking this time to report the issue that you are experiencing. We will inform the developer of the issue to make sure they are aware that the problem is occurring.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
D3 Go! Customer Support Team (LMC)

Sep 17, 05:30 PDT

Hiya, I do have Archangel Avacyn and would like a refund, as the card does not work properly. It suffers from a number of issues which are I believe are common to most, if not all transform cards in the game. (Avacyn, however, is the only transform card I have spent real world currency on; I am not asking for a refund of crystals for other bugged transformed cards in my collection).

Firstly the card will lock up the game if the spell 'Season's Past' is cast whilst it is transformed. This is a particularly serious problem as Season's Past is very commonly played by high placing decks in the Events, and I have lost games to this bug which may well have cost me prizes.

Secondly an intermittant bug will cause the card to become 'half transformed', which makes me unable to select it. This bug does not necessarily crash the game but can certainly make playing difficult.

Thirdly the card retains damage if it dies from damage, goes to the graveyard, and is then is later returned to play. This behaviour is inconsistent, I think, I have not been able to determine whether it affects only one, or both sides of the card.

These bugs have been present in the game for some time now, and maintenance periods have come and gone in which they have not been fixed. I can therefore only conclude that fixing these bugs is not a priority they and will continue to exist for the forseeable future.

I would further like to add that I consider the fact that the entire game environment is ridden with bugs to be relevant; you may not, but I do. I do not hinge my case for a refund upon this fact, but I would like to mention it here anyway. The latest set, 'Shadows Over Innistrad', has a horror theme, and yet both Zombies and Werewolves are largely unplayable because of these transform bugs, and a common lockup caused by the card Prized Amalgam. Numerous cards are affected by bugs, some of which have been reported to you in the following thread, some several months ago, many by me, and many which have not been fixed or even notified or addressed:

viewforum.php?f=32

I can only play Archangel Avacyn in this bugged environment, and that is one reason I consider it a defective product. However, even if, as I suspect, you discount this argument about the environment, you cannot deny that the card itself does suffer from bugs and is therefore a defective product.

I look forward to your next automated response with anticipation.

- Steve.

D3 Go! Forums • View forum - MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues<https://d3go.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=32&gt;
d3go.com
Topics Replies Views Last post; Android Permissions: Contact/Phone Messages by Cthulhu » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:52 pm 4 Replies 500 Views Last post by Cthulhu

D3 Go! Cus

D3 Go! Customer Support (RK) (D3 Go!)

Sep 15, 15:46 PDT

Upon reviewing your account, we see that you currently have an Archangel Avacyn creature in your inventory. Could you please clarify what the issue is with the purchase?

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)

Sep 14, 18:19 PDT

account Username : **************

UID : **************

Make and Model of your Device : **************

OS you are currently running : **************

Attachment(s)
Avacyn receipt - **************.png

D3 Go! Cus

D3 Go! Customer Support (RK) (D3 Go!)

Sep 14, 16:49 PDT

We are sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your purchase, and would be more than happy to assist with this issue. If you are interested to receive appropriate accreditation for your purchase, then please provide the following information to help us investigate the issue:

- Your account Username and UID, if you have not yet provided this information.
- The Make and Model of your Device as well as the OS you are currently running. (i.e. iPhone 5S with iOS 8.0).
- A screenshot of your purchase receipts. (PNG or JPEG only).
- Did you experience a connection issue or receive an error message when attempting the purchase? If so, could you please provide a screenshot? (PNG or JPEG only).

If you are unable to locate your Username or UID, then you can find this information inside the Settings Menu in the game. To access the Settings Menu, tap on the Navigation Menu on the Top Left of your screen screen and open the Settings Menu. Both your Username and UID will be displayed on this page.

Regarding the screenshot request of your purchase receipts, please keep in mind that we are only able to verify purchases using PNG or JPEG format screenshots for the purchase receipts. We will be unable to verify using any other form of information, such as Copy/Pasted text, App Store purchase summaries, or other such information. Please ensure that only the receipt is sent in order to expedite your ticket.

Additionally, please make sure you are looking for the receipts sent to the email that is associated with the app store account used to download and play the game. We are looking for specific information that is only available in those receipts. The screenshots should include the date of purchase, order/confirmation ID number, and a description of the content purchased. Keep in mind that we require this information to proceed, and failure to provide this requested information can lead to a delay for the resolution of your issue.

If you no longer have access to the requested purchase receipts, then you will need to contact the app store associated with your account and have them reissue the receipt through email.

Best Regards,
D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)

Sep 14, 16:08 PDT

Hiya! I purchased Avacyn recently from you, but it does not work properly, and so I would like my money back, as is my right as a consumer.

Comments

• Mangus 73
    Mangus 73 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I've noticed strange things too. At least ob and jace have done this during games.
    As soon as the cpu has its first ability ready the same turn it will bag a drop on the screen match five so it can use the ability on the same turn.
    Just watch and you will notice too. Jace did this at least 4 times in one match.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    May I know what changed in the AI?
  • shteev
    Prior to 1.7 the AI has always prioritized taking a match 4 over a match 3, even if the match 3 would net it more mana. This no longer seems to be the case.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I've noticed AI going for match 5 nearly all the time instead of making it a match 4 these days.
  • shteev
    Plastic wrote:
    I've noticed AI going for match 5 nearly all the time instead of making it a match 4 these days.

I do still see it break some potential match5s into match4s tho.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    That's the darnedest thing! I've seen it go for 4 matches that were much less mana than a 3.
    I'm guessing the A.I. is now playing that the chance of new gems that show up will net it more mana than just a 3 match.
    Indeed, many times it HAS, but it's funny that it goes for those, now.
  • jeremii
    jeremii Posts: 28
    There's definitely something fishy about the recent AI behavior. I saw AI matched 3 colorless gems, getting no mana. I was really surprised for a split second, then the gems dropped from beyond the screen to match 3 gems (2 from off the screen and 1 from within the screen) of the opponent's color, gaining 7 mana for him. To be able to see from beyond the screen is just unacceptable and unfair.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Seeing the AI's match trigger a cascade, once, is about as low as you can get on the fishiness scale. On the other hand, never seeing the AI's match trigger a cascade would be right at the top.

As for the change in matching behaviour, it may be something to do with moving the player's important gems (e.g. traps/triggers/countdowns) around, even if that gem isn't the one matched.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    It's typically a weak argument to say "Why are you working on this when you should be working on that" because the person working on the AI may not be the same person that would be fixing the transform bugs.

Having said that, I am in full agreement that the AI has been "improved" and it has potentially caused an imbalance.

There is a thread in the bugs section that was opened a while ago:
    viewtopic.php?f=32&t=50885

Give it a read, add your observations, and give it a thumbs up if you want it to be addressed by the Dev team.
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Steeme wrote:
    It's typically a weak argument to say "Why are you working on this when you should be working on that" because the person working on the AI may not be the same person that would be fixing the transform bugs.

Having said that, I am in full agreement that the AI has been "improved" and it has potentially caused an imbalance.

There is a thread in the bugs section that was opened a while ago:
    viewtopic.php?f=32&t=50885

Give it a read, add your observations, and give it a thumbs up if you want it to be addressed by the Dev team.

I will reiterate this since it always seems to get lost in the dialogue.

The AI does NOT know what gems will fall or even what match will generate cascades. The AI is not programmed to cheat, because it actually is much harder to make an AI that cheats at the Match-3 portion of the game than making one that just makes a simple decision based on what would be the best choice for it.

We do have control over if it chooses match-5, match-4 or match-3 as a priority, but this is rarely used and we mostly just use our default one.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    shteev wrote:
    Plastic wrote:

I do still see it break some potential match5s into match4s tho.
    I most often see this with loyalty gems.