Alliance Contributions

Options
Hi guys,

Just wondering if there is a way of finding out how much each team member has contributed to the teams points.

We have had a team member in our group for several weeks, but are unsure if he his still playing or not?

Comments

• poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you can contact the other players you could ask them how many points they have currently and compare that to the total points your alliance has. The difference is the points of a missing member. Hard to pull off in a middle of tournament when everyone is constantly adding points though. I'm hoping devs will add more options for alliances in the future so this is will not become a problem.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Options
    poomermon wrote:
    If you can contact the other players you could ask them how many points they have currently and compare that to the total points your alliance has. The difference is the points of a missing member. Hard to pull off in a middle of tournament when everyone is constantly adding points though. I'm hoping devs will add more options for alliances in the future so this is will not become a problem.

Except the team members could lie to make it seem like they're pulling they're weight, not much stopping them unless you got screenshots from them
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    poomermon wrote:

That could quickly become quite ugly though. I like that it's currently on good faith basis. Though I see the appeal of being able to weed out constant slackers. But do you really want to turn the game into another job? "Get X points per event or you get thrown out!". Because well all know that that is what WILL happen as soon as the contributions are trackable.
  • This is a complicated issue that I have tried to bring to D3's attention. You could have a member do nothing and reap all the rewards and claim he is kicking ****. I know that everyone in my alliance is active because I use the power of math. By reduction ad absurdum if someone wasn't active taking total score divided by rosters we would have one person with an impossible score. Therefore everyone is active and scoring a bare minimum. I don't have every member of my alliance on FB, but I talk to about 27 people through the two alliances I run. It's a challenge. Another technique i've used is ask a member to leave momentarily to create a spot then kick out a random person and compare the score before and after. That's their score (the drop.) The problem is if you kick someone, they can't join back, since this is either an odd feature or a bug.

I encoruage you guys to contribute to my Alliance improvement thread, as I have pointed IceIX to that thread as a way to consolidate issues and requests regarding alliances.
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5046&p=88999#p88999
  • Don't sweat it, is a game, enjoy it. Not everyone can compete at a high level all the time. I can't believe the trouble some alliances are going to in order to police their members, posting pics, updating spread sheets, even kicking people who don't respond to a pm within a time limit. Completely over the top, it's only a Match 3 mobile game! Whilst I was extremely lucky with the Alliance I joined, it is unreasonable to expect all members to be able to play the amount required to do well in their respective PVEs.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think the'll introduce such features later. Not everyone playing the game is on this boards so a way to comunicate is important.
  • klingsor wrote:
    This is a complicated issue that I have tried to bring to D3's attention. You could have a member do nothing and reap all the rewards and claim he is kicking ****. I know that everyone in my alliance is active because I use the power of math. By reduction ad absurdum if someone wasn't active taking total score divided by rosters we would have one person with an impossible score. Therefore everyone is active and scoring a bare minimum. I don't have every member of my alliance on FB, but I talk to about 27 people through the two alliances I run. It's a challenge. Another technique i've used is ask a member to leave momentarily to create a spot then kick out a random person and compare the score before and after. That's their score (the drop.) The problem is if you kick someone, they can't join back, since this is either an odd feature or a bug.

I encoruage you guys to contribute to my Alliance improvement thread, as I have pointed IceIX to that thread as a way to consolidate issues and requests regarding alliances.

You run two alliances?! You sir are mad as a hatter.
  • klingsor wrote:
    This is a complicated issue that I have tried to bring to D3's attention. You could have a member do nothing and reap all the rewards and claim he is kicking ****. I know that everyone in my alliance is active because I use the power of math. By reduction ad absurdum if someone wasn't active taking total score divided by rosters we would have one person with an impossible score. Therefore everyone is active and scoring a bare minimum. I don't have every member of my alliance on FB, but I talk to about 27 people through the two alliances I run. It's a challenge. Another technique i've used is ask a member to leave momentarily to create a spot then kick out a random person and compare the score before and after. That's their score (the drop.) The problem is if you kick someone, they can't join back, since this is either an odd feature or a bug.

Haha, I have a lot of bandwidth icon_e_smile.gif
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    klingsor wrote:

Haha, I have a lot of bandwidth icon_e_smile.gif

And time icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a simple solution. Every week I choose one alliance member at random and kick them.

This means I remove all the unlucky players from my alliance, and the rest are bound to do well.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Didn't know you could join more than one alliance at a time. Great way to clean up on the loot.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd just like to take a moment to derail the thread...

Ichijuan, Care Bear Stare is the second greatest guild name ever. As a similarly neglected toy line from the 80s Voltron Alliance hope our dealings will be cordial. And if a Cabbage Patch guild ever appears we should do bad things to it on principle.

And nice sig picture.

..end of derailment.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Of course in this specific event you could make a really simple test.

Have a 1-1-1 lazy cap in your roster within 24 hours of the event end or find a new home.

Can't fake that. You CAN verify covers.

(Of course this is for ultra-competitive alliances)
  • Thanos wrote:
    Didn't know you could join more than one alliance at a time. Great way to clean up on the loot.

You can't join two alliances. I'm in one and run the other from facebook. I'm pretty organized and good at multitasking. We have good resources and great people. And yes, a lot of free time right now (since family is away.)
  • The issue I have had with this is that the person character have not increased over time, so I am unsure if he is actually playing. I would like to open this slot to someone who is actually playing.
  • falconeyed wrote:
    The issue I have had with this is that the person character have not increased over time, so I am unsure if he is actually playing. I would like to open this slot to someone who is actually playing.

We run a spreadsheet that we will log cover levels on weekly and if we see no movement on someone for a few weeks and they dont respond to any form of contact, we can boot them. The idea isnt to be super competitive but to allow detection for those no longer active alliance members to be found
  • +1 for Stats tracking.

I understand people fear required benchmark to be the norm but at the same time, maybe the Alliances with such benchmark isn't the right fit for your playstyle? There are more laid-back Alliances for the more laid-back players and competitive Alliances can field the more competitive players. I think this would be a good tool to help players and Alliances alike find a good fit.

On the subject to not being able to play all of the events, that is just something that should be communicated to the rest of the Alliance. If they kick you for missing an event, you probably don't want to be in the same Alliance as them anyway. Most people should be reasonable enough about this game that missing an event here and there is fine. This is more for people who miss multiple events in a row without saying anything. At that point, there is no benefit for both the player (since that player has stopped playing) and the Alliance (since the spot can be opened up to other players) so having a way to know that and act accordingly is really a win/win situation.
  • Neokarasu wrote:
    +1 for Stats tracking.

I understand people fear required benchmark to be the norm but at the same time, maybe the Alliances with such benchmark isn't the right fit for your playstyle? There are more laid-back Alliances for the more laid-back players and competitive Alliances can field the more competitive players. I think this would be a good tool to help players and Alliances alike find a good fit.

On the subject to not being able to play all of the events, that is just something that should be communicated to the rest of the Alliance. If they kick you for missing an event, you probably don't want to be in the same Alliance as them anyway. Most people should be reasonable enough about this game that missing an event here and there is fine. This is more for people who miss multiple events in a row without saying anything. At that point, there is no benefit for both the player (since that player has stopped playing) and the Alliance (since the spot can be opened up to other players) so having a way to know that and act accordingly is really a win/win situation.

Absolutely! A proper alliance must keep track of scores and stats! Does it mean it's the only factor to consider when kicking someone? No way. But if you plan to improve with each event, you have to know how you are doing. If you just flail around and wonder what is going on, you can't possibly get better. If someone isn't pulling their weight, but you like having them around, just keep the scores so that they can get advice and play smarter; it doesn't have to be a 'cut line'. But definitely keep the scores!
  • DecoyDuck
    DecoyDuck Posts: 620
    Options
    This alliance game is actually pretty fun if it weren't for that pesky match-3 mini-game that they're forcing us to play.
  • The alliance system is still new, but as an alliance creator I find the lack of tools for managing the alliance disturbing.

No in-game communication mechanism
    No member tracking
    Limited permissions control (it's all or nothing)

I'm sure as the game progresses they'll add new tools for the alliances. In the meantime, it's all on good faith.