Is there something weird going on with MPQ recently?

lvirden
lvirden Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Recently I've seen a couple very odd things. I thought they were intentional - till I started trying to get explanations from support and instead got a weird run around.

Android 5.x, Samsung Galaxy S4. Previous version of MPQ.
Example 1.
Last Saturday, when I started up the game, like always there was a news screen that popped up. This one talked about a "Marvel Puzzle Quest activity code" that would result in extra points within the game.
I write down the code.
I go to look for some place to plug in the code.
I can't find a screen where I might enter the code.
I send mail to support asking where to enter the "activity code".
They mail me asking me to send them a screen shot.
I don't have a time machine like NBC has, so I can't go back in time to get said screen shot when the screen appears.
I would have thought answering the question would be a no brainer for the support people of the company which supposedly created the page for the game in the first place.

What am I missing?

Example 2.
So I updated the game this week. I had to wait around for 6 hrs or so after I installed it for something to change so the game would connect to the internet.
When I start it up finally, I see the intro screen is quite different.
Then I see a puppy eating a pizza appear and disappear.
Then I see a duck appear and disappear.
Then I see a shadow of a person appear and disappear.
Does everyone see this, or did I get a broken version of the game?
If everyone is seeing it, do we know yet what these odd things are?

I am frustrated enough needing covers so that some of my characters can actually be useful in particular rounds. I think I'd have to spend hundreds of dollars playing the "Marvel lottery" in hopes that I didn't get all repeats of the dozen or so characters that I seem to get every day.

Oh well, I guess that's how they pry the money from our clenched fists...