Is there something weird going on with MPQ recently?

lvirden
lvirden Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
Recently I've seen a couple very odd things. I thought they were intentional - till I started trying to get explanations from support and instead got a weird run around.

Android 5.x, Samsung Galaxy S4. Previous version of MPQ.
Example 1.
Last Saturday, when I started up the game, like always there was a news screen that popped up. This one talked about a "Marvel Puzzle Quest activity code" that would result in extra points within the game.
I write down the code.
I go to look for some place to plug in the code.
I can't find a screen where I might enter the code.
I send mail to support asking where to enter the "activity code".
They mail me asking me to send them a screen shot.
I don't have a time machine like NBC has, so I can't go back in time to get said screen shot when the screen appears.
I would have thought answering the question would be a no brainer for the support people of the company which supposedly created the page for the game in the first place.

What am I missing?

Example 2.
So I updated the game this week. I had to wait around for 6 hrs or so after I installed it for something to change so the game would connect to the internet.
When I start it up finally, I see the intro screen is quite different.
Then I see a puppy eating a pizza appear and disappear.
Then I see a duck appear and disappear.
Then I see a shadow of a person appear and disappear.
Does everyone see this, or did I get a broken version of the game?
If everyone is seeing it, do we know yet what these odd things are?

I am frustrated enough needing covers so that some of my characters can actually be useful in particular rounds. I think I'd have to spend hundreds of dollars playing the "Marvel lottery" in hopes that I didn't get all repeats of the dozen or so characters that I seem to get every day.

Oh well, I guess that's how they pry the money from our clenched fists...

Comments

• cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Uh.. regarding example 2, it's a new loading screen. That's all, they change it around from time to time for marketing purposes, to keep things fresh, etc. Nothing nefarious there.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dog with Pizza goes with LadyHawk-eye, and the duck goes with Howard the Duck. The silhouette is the new character getting released soon.

No idea about the code, I tend to skip the pop ups as I am pretty regular on here.
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    And example 1 is a code for the Marvel member rewards service. You input the code into the Marvel member rewards, and get some points from it (I think - I'm a member, but haven't bothered yet). It's not for us in-game.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    The Code was probably for the Marvel insider thing.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    If you ever want to see a popular after dismissing it, go to the little gear icon for settings, and tap on "Today's News" to force them to pop up again.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep. The code is for Marvel Insider. It can be plugged into your Marvel account (if you have one) at marvel.com/insider. You can redeem insider points for various goodies, like digital comics and wallpapers. An ISO pack for MPQ is one of the rewards, but it is pricey, significantly more points than you get from the code.