Good job

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Some people may disagree with me here (in sure they will) but I think the reworks are good.

I liked surfer before so after his rework I like him more. Cho however would never have made it onto my roster , I couldn't find a use for him and for me he was the tied worst 4* (IW in case you wondered) I couldn't fit him into a niche team or find a novel use for him at all, and I try real hard to find a use for everyone.

After playing with him on the loaner node....I rostered him. For the first time since his release and I will actively build him and level him too. Well done d3 on extracting 1000 hp from me and for making a useless character useful.

Perhaps the next time devs announce some reworks we can all refrain from exploding into rumour driven hyperbole and accept that actually...the last 5 reworks have all been good, so maybe the next ones will too.

Comments

• BillyBobJoe
    BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    The boards seem to be filled with criticism of one sort or another. So we all should give praise when things are good.

Good job on the Cho rework. He is definitely a toon to have on your roster now. Really love his blue. And his black is more than usable now.

Great job devs. Let's keep this ball rolling! (IW, Starlord, etc...)
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    >Perhaps the next time devs announce some reworks we can all refrain from exploding into rumour driven hyperbole and accept that actually...the last 5 reworks have all been good, so maybe the next ones will too.

They explicitly said that the community outcry against nerfing caused them to focus initially on buffing instead of nerfing, so unfortunately "exploding into rumor driven hyperbole" is the reason you got the good boosts, but none of the bad nerfs, and *was* necessary.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slarow wrote:
    >Perhaps the next time devs announce some reworks we can all refrain from exploding into rumour driven hyperbole and accept that actually...the last 5 reworks have all been good, so maybe the next ones will too.

They explicitly said that the community outcry against nerfing caused them to focus initially on buffing instead of nerfing, so unfortunately "exploding into rumor driven hyperbole" is the reason you got the good boosts, but none of the bad nerfs, and *was* necessary.

This.

Players shouldn't attack the devs personally, and should keep criticism polite (even if harsh). but players SHOULD express their opinions and advocate against bad ideas and for good ones.

The two rebalances that have been implemented so far are good. There are some more obvious candidates for additional buffs. But we also know that the devs have planned some nerfs too because they expressly said they are waiting on nerfs due to player commentary.

#you'rewelcome!
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slarow wrote:

Necessary is a strong word.

Buffs are certainly more fun for the player base than nerfs, but I view bringing characters closer to each other in balance from either end as a good thing (even with the drawbacks like resource investment and "over-nerfs").
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slarow wrote:

Almost correct...the outcry may have prevented nerfs but the buffs were coming regardless. Yet more hyperbole. Can't we just admit the buffs were good and let them have that one pat on the back?

Also there is nothing wrong with nerfs when they are done correctly and if they are done like the buffs have been done (as in not over the top) then we should be fine. Certain characters do need a slight change perhaps changed to make a true heal burst heal? I even have a fully working version of the character who is more coveted than the holy grail and I'd still be in favour of his true heal being changed to burst.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably one of the best nerf-buffs was MNMags. He lost his massive blue battery, but instead, it became a blue-red battery, which is actually pretty decent and helpful.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    am enjoying him...

my only frustration is that with the green cover he goes to 5/5/3 and I would REALLY want him to be 5/3/5 icon_e_sad.gif seems like I might need to champ him lol
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Some people may disagree with me here (in sure they will) but I think the reworks are good.

I liked surfer before so after his rework I like him more. Cho however would never have made it onto my roster , I couldn't find a use for him and for me he was the tied worst 4* (IW in case you wondered) I couldn't fit him into a niche team or find a novel use for him at all, and I try real hard to find a use for everyone.

After playing with him on the loaner node....I rostered him. For the first time since his release and I will actively build him and level him too. Well done d3 on extracting 1000 hp from me and for making a useless character useful.

Perhaps the next time devs announce some reworks we can all refrain from exploding into rumour driven hyperbole and accept that actually...the last 5 reworks have all been good, so maybe the next ones will too.

Also, the outcry were never about the buffs that were about to happen, it was about the nerf that was going to happen to 1 particular character. People have sunk college tuitions into getting this 1 particular character into its current status. XFW/Thoress took 100 dollars to max out cover wise and then a couple of weeks to months to get the ISO to level when they were overpowered. OML took 1000's of dollars for some people because of RNG. I think most in the community would have no problem making the trash characters useful by buffing them, but they would have a problem with making the great characters trashy so that they can be trashy with the rest.