Options
2»

Comments

• Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    BLARGAGRGRGH!

FINALLY managed it!

I lost count of the number of attempts, my first batch of attempts was 17 (that's how many health packs I had), after that, went to bed, woke up and tried again, at least another 8 times, finally managed to barely beat it with my 3-4-2 Level 188 Jean.

This fight is god awful. In the 20+ attempts I only managed to have my passive go off a total of about 5 times, and the one time out of those it went off twice in one game, it went off, stunned her, but then her initial match 5 cascaded into another match 5, so the stun didn't stack and when she came back from the stun she proceeded to destroy me with the ridiculous amount of AP gained from the cascades....

Denied like crazy and everytime moonstone would just have these ridiculous magical cascades in her 2 damage colors just fall from the heavens, worst luck I've seen in this game in awhile...

The victory
    cnwTw2b.jpg

The aftermath
    8McmoQS.jpg

The Reward
    4QkeLEZ.jpg
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Realcrap wrote:
    BLARGAGRGRGH!

FINALLY managed it!

Your perseverance is inspiring!!! I must continue this quest!!!
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm curious to see how this one plays out this time around. It's one of the Crash fights that's supposed to be a bit easier now. I wasn't able to beat it last time, but hopefully I'll be able to do it this time with my 2/4/3 Jean. (especially after putting another 40K ISO into her)

I was able to win in 3 tries with my level 188 Jean. Pulled a blackflag.pngicon_kingpin.png for my troubles. My 10th cover on him. Not too shabby!
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time: my 3/2/1 Jean (L111) had no shot. Now 5/3/2 and the fight nerfed (?), I still had a hard time.

First, I leveled Jean to 133, but got smacked down pretty hard my first four tries. Funny how Moonstone can't make a match-5 when all my other Crash opponents stumble into them left and right. I never got Moonstone under half health, so I spent another 30k to bring Jean to 165.

At 165 and 5/3/2, things went better. On my second try, using +100% damage, I had a semi-friendly board with a fair amount of purple and green and not much red. I was under 1k health at the end, but was able to fire off two green and one last purple to finish her off.

My reward: blackflag.pngicon_elektra.png now 3/3/5.

Record for Cycle 4: 3-0.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smudge wrote:
    Took my 3/3/2 Jean up to level 168 to try this one for the first time. +2 B/P, +50% B/P, +100% all dmg. Took Moonie down on the first try almost with match damage alone. It was a really red-starved board, so she did not manage a single photon blast. In fact, I never took any damage from Moonie's powers at all... not even Gravity Warp. She only used it one time, and she swapped one of my tiles with it.

Came back to try one more set of health packs on this, saw this post, and followed your lead on the +50% B/P instead of the +2 all AP.

If you're ever in my neighborhood, I'm buying you a beer.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    **** this **** fight.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/4/1 level 152 could not get it done, sadly. Maybe next time. Tried all manner of boosts, but each time Moonstone would get to fire one red or one purple and it was over.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This one took me at least 10-15 tries (lost count, too frustrated). I managed it last time with a L141, 3/3/3 Jean Grey, this time I had one more cover for 3/3/4. I tried it with a variety of boost combos, but wasn't working, so I level maxed her to 209. Took me another 3-4 tries at 209 before I finally managed it with 400 health left.

I was expecting this to be a lot easier this time, as this was one that was announced as "adjusted". Deadpool's Daily Quest: Crash Of The Titans Adjustments.

Did it feel easier to anyone?
  • Iridious
    Iridious Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Did it feel easier to anyone?

I noticed her Gravity Warp didn't always swap my special tiles depending on what colours I had out, so I think at the least she wasn't built as 5/5/5 anymore, although I didn't think to stop and check what build she had instead. Weirdly that arguably works as making the fight tougher rather than easier though as she's more likely to do damage than make a swap!

Regardless I found the fight far easier to win, but that was no doubt down to me having taken Jean up to lvl 220 from lvl 150 recently.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JangoLore wrote:
    Realcrap wrote:
    BLARGAGRGRGH!

FINALLY managed it!

I finally managed it after taking my JG up to lvl 161. I used all 100% all color dmg boost and b/p dmg boost. It also helped that after like 20 tries I finally got a reasonable board. I still ended up squeaking out a win in the end with only a thousand or so life left.

As for the token pull, I have to champ the thing as I am about to get a cover for him from my capt marvel 3*, and champion miles morales because of the same from spiderman so I will not be pulling it for a while yet. Time to stockpile tokens and CP!!
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    JangoLore wrote:
    JangoLore wrote:
    Realcrap wrote:
    BLARGAGRGRGH!

FINALLY managed it!

I finally managed it after taking my JG up to lvl 161. I used all 100% all color dmg boost and b/p dmg boost. It also helped that after like 20 tries I finally got a reasonable board. I still ended up squeaking out a win in the end with only a thousand or so life left.

As for the token pull, I have to champ the thing as I am about to get a cover for him from my capt marvel 3*, and champion miles morales because of the same from spiderman so I will not be pulling it for a while yet. Time to stockpile tokens and CP!!

Grats! I think knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't bother again. You basically have to get a perfect or near perfect board and still can only squeak by unless you have a pretty well covered and setup Jean.
  • lukewarm
    lukewarm Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My level 115 Jean got 0 covers since the last go round, and after about 25 tries, I gave up hope of her repeating.