Progression up 13K, scaling through the roof. Why?

2»

Comments

• Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, I feel that at one point they should just come out and say 'we don't actually want the majority of the player base to reach max progression, so we'll keep moving the goal posts until we feel only a specific number of players can reach it'.

Which is weird, because I feel progression should just be about the time invested, and the competitive factor in PvE comes from placement.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I feel that at one point they should just come out and say 'we don't actually want the majority of the player base to reach max progression, so we'll keep moving the goal posts until we feel only a specific number of players can reach it'.

Which is weird, because I feel progression should just be about the time invested, and the competitive factor in PvE comes from placement.

Which would be even more bizarre to me because max progression hans't been something I've struggled to hit for a long time.
    My issue is ramping up the difficulty, not taking into account my boosted or non boosted roster and the events feeling like a massive time sink and a painful grind every night. If I can get through a whole Co-optional podcast in the time it takes me to grind the nodes down on a sub event and then do 4 clears of the new sub event, it's officially taking too long.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    I thought the scaling was to make up for being able to get a 4* cover off the progression now so they wanted me to work harder for those extra 15 command points.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    The idea of 4 clears per sub isn't bad in theory... It's just a pain when you for instance are unable to play much for one day, and then you have no chance of hitting the final progression, even if you do 6 clears all other days.

So devs thought 3 clears per sub made it too easy? Why not find a happy medium? Say... 3.5 clears? 3.2 clears? It was just nice to hit top progression without it feeling quite so grindy.

Well, at least I'm getting more iso and hp, plus they are letting me get 10 cp, two 3*s and one 4*, so there's that.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 wrote:
    The idea of 4 clears per sub isn't bad in theory... It's just a pain when you for instance are unable to play much for one day, and then you have no chance of hitting the final progression, even if you do 6 clears all other days.

So devs thought 3 clears per sub made it too easy? Why not find a happy medium? Say... 3.5 clears? 3.2 clears? It was just nice to hit top progression without it feeling quite so grindy.

Well, at least I'm getting more iso and hp, plus they are letting me get 10 cp, two 3*s and one 4*, so there's that.

If you miss one day and hit 6 clears all other days, you should be fine (especially if it's the first day you miss given that points go up in later subs). I just made progression on TaT before the last sub even started.