2* Fight Gone Hard Again?

Nick441234
Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Its not just me seeing insane levels on the 2* fight for Thick As Thieves again, right?

Comments

• seems to be going to 222 after 4 clears now.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Intended change? This was in the patch notes.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]MPQ R110
    - Missions that have a maximum difficulty (like the 2-Star Required mission) no longer have different difficulties for different rosters of much different strengths.

I don't know if that means the newer difficulty was intended, or was a bug with the change. But they've been monkeying with it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 2* essential scaled up to 222. 4* scaled to 363. That's about +50 from last SCL PVE, with essentially the same roster.

Lots more time demanded for the event when you have that many more levels - lots more time does NOT mean lots more fun.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    yup, plus about 100 levels on the 2* essential node for me today in venom heroic (haven't started thick as thieves yet).
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]MPQ R110
    - Missions that have a maximum difficulty (like the 2-Star Required mission) no longer have different difficulties for different rosters of much different strengths.

I don't know if that means the newer difficulty was intended, or was a bug with the change. But they've been monkeying with it.

I'd forgotten about that. Seems like its been pushed up a little too far. Certainly with my roster anyway.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]MPQ R110

I'd forgotten about that. Seems like its been pushed up a little too far. Certainly with my roster anyway.

How would this result in my 2* essential nodes jumping from about 110 to 220 or so? Surely they didn't normalize EVERYONE's nodes to 220. How are 1* and 2* players supposed to deal with that? 220 nodes are quite challenging for a level 94 roster (definitely doable with strong teams, but a challenge to grind multiple times), and are probably a fairly stiff challenge for 144s.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I liked it better when the 2* required was more around 50 starting to 70 - 80 ending. No need to go crazy, as there are already 5 very hard repeating nodes per sub.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    It pretty **** in a PvE where boosted 4* are not the usual popular ones (as in - i don't have a single one - it's going to be a slog) icon_e_sad.gif

But if the softcappers have lvl 222 node there it means for the first time leveling your roster was not punished icon_e_wink.gif
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe this is a way of equalising difficulty for everyone.

Previously advanced rosters would steam roll the 3 easy nodes and the 2* essential, we would have to pay for this with higher scaling everywhere else and especially on the hardest nodes. Transitional rosters would be slightly slower on easy and 2*essential but would have a far easier time with the lower scaling so that a nice deep and broad transitional roster purposely underleveled might have the slight edge for pve placements.

Increasing 2* essential difficulty may be a way of slowing down the game for under leveled rosters or encouraging them to level up their characters.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Everybody knows the equation
    more levels = more time = more boring fights = less fun

Everybody except devs. Another incongruent scalade on the only easy fight for required char. Bravo.

ZeemFqy.jpg
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    kidicarus wrote:
    Increasing 2* essential difficulty may be a way of slowing down the game for under leveled rosters or encouraging them to level up their characters.

I would have expected soft-capping to be far more of a problem with 3* and 4* tiers than 2*'s. This seems more of a punishment to 2* farmers. If that really want to do that, fine, but my problem is that if they're going the give us trivial node awards, they shouldn't have us up against non-trivial opponents.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Between this issue with 2* node scaling, health loss on losses/retreats and for me more crashes, it almost feels like they went to a branch of the code base where those features didn't exist or were not put back in. It's just the vibe I get as a developer.

Who knows though since we get so little communication in a timely manner.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Problem I see is, I haven't seen word from devs whether the sudden doubling in levels on the trivial and 2 star essential is intentional or an unintended result of the "David [Hi-Fi] Moore wrote:
    MPQ R110
    - Missions that have a maximum difficulty (like the 2-Star Required mission) no longer have different difficulties for different rosters of much different strengths." Because I now see a difficulty that is different. It could have at least mentioned what the maximum difficulty is supposed to be. Even a single example, like "the 2-star required mission should now have a maximum difficulty of 220." Something better than this patch note that doesn't really explain what it really means.