Hi, Quebbster!

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
We're in the same TaT bracket. First time I've seen a forum name I recognize around me in the rankings!

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi there!
    I do shoutouts in the alliance chat when I find one of my buddies on the scoreboard, but I think this is the first time I've been called out in the forum. Quite honestly my first thought when I saw the topic was "Man, have I upset someone?" icon_e_smile.gif
    Lets hope madok isn't too upset about being overlooked though...
  • DFiPL
    the v2 threw me on that. I figured it was somebody else trying to use their usual name but having to improvise since madok was already registered, or something.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    the v2 threw me on that. I figured it was somebody else trying to use their usual name but having to improvise since madok was already registered, or something.

We don't talk about what I did with my first account. It was well.. yeah. V2 is doing much better thanks. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    madok wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

We don't talk about what I did with my first account. It was well.. yeah. V2 is doing much better thanks. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I started playing before the Steam Cloud was a thing. As a result, I had two different accounts - one at home, where I did the bulk of my playing, and one on my laptop, where I played casually between classes at school.

This was before I discovered the forums, so I had no idea that they were activating Cloud support in a patch, and I played normally on my laptop one morning between classes. Got home that evening, went to play, and noticed I was missing several characters, some ISO, and some HP. Had a total freakout moment.

Discovered afterward that my laptop save had overwritten my desktop save. The old save is apparently still on my computer somewhere, as periodically it'll pop up if I log into MPQ when it can't communicate with the Cloud (because Steam needs a reboot or something), but at the time, customer service was totally unable to help me figure out how to recover my better save.

So I quit for several months out of pique. I mean, for where I am now, the covers/ISO/HP lost would be a pittance. But at the time, man...
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    So I quit for several months out of pique. I mean, for where I am now, the covers/ISO/HP lost would be a pittance. But at the time, man...

*nods*

I actually found the forums when I had to do a hard reset on my phone and my account was gone hence the name. Then when I read that I was pretty much screwed since I didn't do the facebook backup, I started reading all the guides and realizing how badly I had mangled that first account. Started up V2 and made sure to use the wife's FB account to back it up.