Avacyn ended already? What happened?!?

Options
MaxMagic420
MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
edited October 2016 in MtGPQ Events
Wasn't the event supposed to run until 12pm eastern time? I edited my deck to take on avacyn, I go make some lunch, and when I come back it's ended!
What's the deal?

Comments

• Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She was defeated. Congrats to you and your team!
  • reidsatt73
    reidsatt73 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am so glad they explained how this event really worked. Basically 2 people in our coalition beat the boss so everyone else including the 2 people that beat it are just out of luck for all the completion awards??? Another bad event in my humble opinion. They need to extend it and have the boss pop up again over and over or something.
  • HunMike
    Options
    Sooo, basically the quicker we broght her down, the more we robbed our slower/weaker coalition members from getting the full set of progression rewards? icon_eek.gif
    I stand confused.
    If that's the case, some info about that earlier would've been nice...
  • Thaddeus
    Options
    Yeah I absolutely didn't get that from the description of the event. And neither did most of my coalition-mates from the look of it.
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You did not Rob your teammates of anything, the top coalitions robbed everyone else. Her health was universal to ALL coalitions. Who knew?
  • MaxMagic420
    Options
    That's why I was like whaaawt?!? That's a ridiculous way to structure an event. I do also feel like we got robbed of better rewards. beating her essentially cashes out your chips, and nobody was told. I think it was a great event in terms of challenge and variety, but the lack of info just killed it. Not happy overall. I never even got the chance to beat the highest avacyn encounter. I wanted the satisfaction and accomplishmemt. That's why I got up early this morning to play
    Suckage.
  • Reaper23
    Reaper23 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    When do the rewards get handed out?? I finished # 1 in my coalition and I've seen nothing....
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cragger wrote:
    Her health was universal to ALL coalitions. Who knew?
    It was fairly obvious. I'm getting tired of reading about all that "we didn't know" stuff. Yes, this could have been handled better, but the game has been out long enough that you can make educated guesses about what's going on in an event like this. At some point players need to take some responsibility, don't they?
  • Shadomen
    Options
    Liked the event but very poor implementation and communication by D3.

I was extremely confused how the boss died in less than one day when our coalition only has 6 casual players.

As written, everyone in my coalition thought the raid boss was specific to OUR coalition only. We thought the boss had extremely low health or something along those lines to explain the super fast completion with no chance at progression rewards.

I'm very disappointed with how this event played out since it was finished in less than 24 hours ...

Shadomen
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cragger wrote:
    You did not Rob your teammates of anything, the top coalitions robbed everyone else. Her health was universal to ALL coalitions. Who knew?

Whoa, yeah, it was definitely not clear to me that was how it worked.
  • MaxMagic420
    Options
    Cragger wrote:
    It was fairly obvious. I'm getting tired of reading about all that "we didn't know" stuff. Yes, this could have been handled better, but the game has been out long enough that you can make educated guesses about what's going on in an event like this. At some point players need to take some responsibility, don't they?

Take responsibility for what? They've never ever run an event that literally ends when you complete the progression. Nobody was expecting that, and we weren't informed that was the case. Plus, many new players joined just for this event, they had no clue, and anybody with a life who had to work yesterday woke up this morning and if they were lucky got a few battles in before it ended. It would be a conservative estimate to say that probably 2/3 of the players who joined the event didn't even get to compete.
    And that is what is unacceptable to most. At least let the event run long enough to give everybody a chance to play it, right?
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cragger wrote:
    I don't think it was obvious. It was only because of the inter-coalition chatter in slack that tipped off people in my coalition, and even then it was too late for some people who had logged off to work/sleep/kids etc.

I mean, in hindsight all the clues were there, but it's not obvious as evidenced by all the confusion.
  • venomAA
    venomAA Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sorry man but been here since day one. And nothing in the event expressed that the health was shared between coalitions. They always says race other players but since the first event this has always meant hog points and end in first before the end of the event. Great miscommunication by d3
  • MaxMagic420
    Options
    I really love how they run the event again exactly the same way despite the negative feedback. Thanks for listening guys.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really love how they run the event again exactly the same way despite the negative feedback. Thanks for listening guys.

They increased the boss hp. And this time everyone knows how it works.

I think anyone who puts in the effort can finish their progression now.
  • ironer
    ironer Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    I think anyone who puts in the effort can finish their progression now.
    I think this event will be far longer than first Avacyn madness
    I'm first in my coalition with 937 ribbons
    Avacyn now have 47%
    I do not think that most players will participate until the end
    Most of them will get all personal rewards and will stop
    Last personal reward will be given for 450 ribbons
    It means event progress will slow down
    Only players from top 10-25 will fight for final rewards - because repeating fights against the same opponents is boring.
    this event will last 3-4 days, I think, or even more.
  • Scotcamp
    Scotcamp Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I am a multiple hour daily player. This event is the most frustrating event so far. I am completely aggravated.
  • angelzpanik
    Options
    icon_cry.gif

I didn't find it obvious at all, either. The wording for the event info has always been extremely vague, and never updated with more details. I don't usually make it far since my planeswalkers are still not capped, but this one ended before I could even finish the progression rewards. And I was only like 50 points from it. And it had frozen up a few times during matches, leaving my planeswalkers which were in play at the time with little to no health. Lame.