The Frustration that is PvP

2»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Cl8 people will still fight cl7 people. It will help with placement not progression, the awards that people actually want.
    while true about progression, if they take away all the 60+, those fighting for 200 will find themselves fighting for t50 or t20, which is not insignificant. and I think anyone t50 in cl7 now will be inside t10 when cl8 opens up. that's starts competing for 4* placements at that point (if t5 is in reach). tougher road in progression will not be quite so bitter if placements drastically improved.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    GurlBYE wrote:
    chamber44 wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    broll wrote:
    2. Make losses not subtract from progression total. Why not change it so that when you lose it subtracts from your points for placement, but it doesn't take away from your progression? This would probably be a pretty substantial code change as they would basically be splitting 1 score into 2, but I think it would solve a lot of issues. Let people fight up to progression and stop if they don't care about placement. These people would then fill a role similar to what cupcakes did where higher rosters can farm them to keep the point totals going higher. This would also lead to more people playing PvP as today a lot of lower rosters just quit because it's impossible to get good placement OR progression rewards below champ 4*. Make it so those low rosters can actually have a chance and progression at least and you don't loose their points from the pool completely.

wow - I really like this idea. I don't play pvp much due to how progression is such a pain. if progression could be attained in this fashion, I would definitely play it more often. it still requires effort and time to get max progression, but you don't have to deal with the 'one step forward, two steps back' style of play
    isn't this essentially just PvE without the "story"?

PVP right now is PVE but instead of everyone earning progression as they play they put a robot version of their team out and fight over a limited mount of progression points.

PVP isn't actually competition atm.

The fact that everyone keeps mentioning 4 star champs like its a norm is a serious problem for pvp's health.

It takes over a year (possibly closer to 2) to get champed 4's.
    Thats not sustainable.

I've been playing for over a year.

I don't have any 4*s on 13 covers.

Dilution is also an issue that warps points of view in this debate. Writing off the concerns of current transition players because transitioning was previously possible ISN'T HELPING.

It's better to give us 4* covers than CP. CP is going to RNGeezus us into 5* covers we don't need.

PvE? Great with Clearance levels. We can do baseline supplementary growth the the RNG fairy will then bless with breakout characters.

PvP to 900 should be the same thing, but there's a weird wall at 800. If they tweak it slightly more so that a transitioning player can push to the 4* cover it will help grow the transitioning players so they can compete with the people who routinely stomp them for all the best prizes.
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Hi guys thanks for all the great reply's There really is some great stuff in here.

Just an update i switched slices this time and tried to climb in the Psy pvp I climbed 24 hours before and hit 700 quite easily as per normal i was able to get a lot closer to 800 with only getting attacked 3 times. At 820 i shielded and skipped until i had two fights worth 45/40 they were 4 star fights but not boosted. I unshieled after 1 hour and hit both. I hit the 900 mark for the Moonkight cover but i lost 70 points straight after before i collected the rewards so i shielded for 24 hours until the end at 840.

I more then fine with this if i can hit the 900 mark but i think it was easier cos i didnt have Psylocke champed so a lot of my qs had unchamped Psylocke as well which is just very strange, 2 4 stars with a 145 Psylocke was common above 800, the Matchmaking seems to take my lvl of the required character into account for my matchs?

I thank everyone who is contributing ina positive way i think there are so many problems in PvP but im hoping a lot will get addressed. Even having the Clearance levels locked would make it easier for everyone but as it stands now the Clearance levels dont help anything