Revamp Heroics

alphabeta
alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
So this maybe genius or it may be insanity but I think you good people will let me know.

Heroics are boring and unfun in a lot of players minds (not all I know but reasonable to say a majority?)

What if they made Heroics the PVE equivalent of Balance of Power?

You can only use the boosted characters for that week, but they will all be boosted to a set level (not 550 - we have lives and grinding PVE is soul destroying enough already) but so they are decent - 400 maybe

Then that great 4* you have 12 covers (yes Moonie I'm looking at you) but no ISO to use can get a run out on something other than a trivial node and Heroics become different from all other PVE in a way that promotes roster diversity and helps people try out newer characters or rebalances characters before sinking ISO into them for general play.

Those 3*s you spent all the time getting that you never use get a run out and dusting off, even those 2*s can remind you of your early days.

Views?

Comments

• Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    First. 400 or better Juggernaut? I can guarantee that's the first no for the . majority. Yes they nerfed him into Huggernaut. But still. Scaling will make him insane again.
    Scaling. Even with the new system it would jump way to high, way to fast.
    I like idea of changing it a bit, but I like the challenge, or just the time away if my roster falls short.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would be happy if they just allowed us to bring 1 CHARACTER of our choice for the event. I feel like they pick the Heroic characters out of a hat because it's difficult to create a decent team without using tons of healthpacks. Allowing us to bring 1 character for the event would help slightly.. such as it would be great to bring Loki to pair with Patch, otherwise I have to rely on Moonstone and an undercovered 4/1/1 Ant-Man.

It also does not help that the villains are just dreadful..

Sub 1: Here is a buff MoStorm.. but you're against Doc Ock in every node
    Sub 2: Here is a buff Steve Rogers.. but you're against Kingpin in every node.. try hitting my 100 CD tiles with your little shield
    Sub 3: I am not looking forward to it icon_lol.gif
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    This idea has some potential. This is the first heroic where I've ever had all four 4*s championed (I've only once had even two before, and one of those two was Elektra), and it is pretty fun. It's the first serious work-out for both Thoress (champed a couple weeks ago) and Moon Knight (champed with the ISO influx from clearance level), for me. 4* play is definitely more fun than 5*.
  • WildCardCorsair
    WildCardCorsair Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Personally, I HATE PVE that limits you to only certain characters. Not only do I have teams that I like using because of their synergy, but even though I have all the 3* and 75% of the 4* characters, not all of them have enough covers to be usable. I usually meander through events like them or skip them altogether. What you're proposing really just sounds like it would be even worse for me.

I see what you're saying though and it sounds cool in theory, but if they dropped it at limiting it only to the week's buffed characters I'd be on board. Let's restrict less, not more, you know?
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I think we're at the point where, at a minimum, they should think about adding a 4* reinforcement to each sub like they have for 2 and 3* tiers. We're about to have as many 4*s as 3*s. Throw us a bone here.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that's part of the problem. Even though I have plenty of champed 4*s and all champed 3*s, my characters regularly get trounced during heroics, even on the easy levels.

I feel that the scaling is due to my lv 420 oml, which is frustrating since I can't use him. The scaling should be lowered to the characters that are actually allowed. 5*s are nice to use because you can often get enough powers fast enough to prevent enemies from firing off shots. But with 4*s and below, their damage is so low that they often get many great attacks against them each match, so they become health-pack magnets very quickly after just a few nodes.

Plus no scl... icon_redface.gif
  • WildCardCorsair
    WildCardCorsair Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I feel that the scaling is due to my lv 420 oml, which is frustrating since I can't use him.

420 Old Man Logan? I'm finding it really hard to feel sorry for you lol.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wasn't able to stand heroics because of scaling - but it seems that they fixed it finally. I have a 450 Phoenix that I (obviously) can't use the last two heroics, but instead of facing 350+ enemies they end up going to 250+ or so. Tough, but not impossible.

I still can't stand heroics because I have 110 roster spots and can use a very few of them....and of those very few, a couple are always the "newest character" which helps no one but the whales.

I agree with the topic title: Revamp Heroics! Simply turn off the "heroic" part and make them just regular PVE's. All PVE's are already semi-heroics with their essential nodes!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm in the minority but I still "like" Heroics, sometimes they are very frustrating but for the most part I enjoy
    that I'm forced to play different characters. The list of characters could be expanded a little (+1 or +2 to all tiers) to
    accomodate smaller rosters but otherwise, I find them challenging and interesting.

They feel different than other PVE's and that's at least something. Yes they reward having a diversified roster
    and that's probably a big reason why I don't mind them as much.
  • Yeah... It's really frustrating that all the time and ISO you've spent building up a set of heroes goes out the window due to them getting locked out and being forced to use under covered teams or teams with no synergy. Instead of working together, they become health pack addicts.

On a side note... will we ever see NEW PvE events? I've only been playing since May but it seems like the same events are recycled way too often. Some new stories would be nice. I know there are events like Ultron, Civil War and Galactus which break up the monotony and are really fun. But the regular PvE events are stale. When was the last time you actually read the dialog and didn't just hit the skip button?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can sum up Heroics as, "If you want me to use Quicksilver, fine, I'll use Quicksilver, but why do you keep the scaling jacked up as if I were still using OML??"
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Celebane wrote:
    On a side note... will we ever see NEW PvE events? I've only been playing since May but it seems like the same events are recycled way too often. Some new stories would be nice. I know there are events like Ultron, Civil War and Galactus which break up the monotony and are really fun. But the regular PvE events are stale. When was the last time you actually read the dialog and didn't just hit the skip button?

They are very slow at putting out new PVE content... The "newest" events have been "Duck Season" and "Hearts of Darkness", and that's like all that came out for a year besides CW/Ultron/Galactus.

We're probably due for another episode soon... but get used to it, they do run the same events over and over. The diversity lies more in the over 100 characters the game has.