List of characters/covers to break open a Taco Vault

cooperbigdaddy
cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So on October 14th, I will have 301 Savory Tokens and on October 19, I will have 301 Sweet Tokens. My plan is to open until I get all the HP and the 2 4* covers. And then start opening other tokens (I have so many event tokens) until I don't have slots left. And then I will build up my taco tokens again until I can open again for more HP.

My question is:
Which covers are good enough to break open the taco vault for? In two categories:
1) Good enough to break open if you have two of these covers (i.e. Punisher blackflag.png Jean purpleflag.png )
2) Good enough to break open even if this is the only good cover (i.e. Iceman blueflag.png IW greenflag.png )

I don't mind waiting on a vault to be great on the 4*s to ensure I get those, since it's one of the few ways to get 4*s not randomly. Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    if your gamependium roster is up to date, i'd say all 4* covers would be worth going after
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    So on October 14th, I will have 301 Savory Tokens and on October 19, I will have 301 Sweet Tokens. My plan is to open until I get all the HP and the 2 4* covers. And then start opening other tokens (I have so many event tokens) until I don't have slots left. And then I will build up my taco tokens again until I can open again for more HP.

My question is:
    Which covers are good enough to break open the taco vault for? In two categories:
    1) Good enough to break open if you have two of these covers (i.e. Punisher blackflag.png Jean purpleflag.png )
    2) Good enough to break open even if this is the only good cover (i.e. Iceman blueflag.png IW greenflag.png )

I don't mind waiting on a vault to be great on the 4*s to ensure I get those, since it's one of the few ways to get 4*s not randomly. Thanks in advance for the help!

This will sound weird, but in the games current state (nearing 40 4 stars) the main reason should be iso, not a cover sadly, it doesn't have as much impact unless its the last to fully cover.

No 4 star shines at 1 cover unless you're in 1-2 star land IMO.

The usual suspects are good

Jean, Iceman, hulkbuster, deadpool, thing, cyclops, I'd also add quake in.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    This will sound weird, but in the games current state (nearing 40 4 stars) the main reason should be iso, not a cover sadly, it doesn't have as much impact unless its the last to fully cover.

No 4 star shines at 1 cover unless you're in 1-2 star land IMO.

The usual suspects are good

Jean, Iceman, hulkbuster, deadpool, thing, cyclops, I'd also add quake in.

Add Peggy, RHulk, Nova, Punisher, remove Thing. That's roughly the top 10 in terms of overall utility, IMO
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait until a special event, such as Anniversary or Duck Season, when they offer rare characters that are impossible to pull any other time.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Wait until a special event, such as Anniversary or Duck Season, when they offer rare characters that are impossible to pull any other time.

I do not believe they will change the DDQ Taco Vault during Anniversary. Did they do this for Duck Season? I missed both times it ran.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:

I do not believe they will change the DDQ Taco Vault during Anniversary. Did they do this for Duck Season? I missed both times it ran.
    DPDQ did not change for duck week. Here is the big thing to add. With XP it is not worth hoarding tokens as you are missing out on a lot of ISO and potential CL in the future. If the vault has characters you need pull the tokens. You should also rechampion your 2* as often as possible. By pulling your event tokens you will get mainly 2* and by re-championing them you will get a ton of HP for roster slots and shields, as well as CP and XP. You will also get your championed 3* even higher giving more CP, XP, and 4* covers. The only covers you should now sell are 1* covers and expiring 4* that you just can't use.

The secrete to the champ 2* is to sell a 144 2* to champion another. It cost some ISO, but once you get a rotation going the HP will really start to flow fast.
  • mpqr7
    When they first released Howard on April Fool's, he was in the DDQ vault. I opened around 230 taco tokens but finally got him. It was totally worth it!!!
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

DPDQ did not change for duck week. Here is the big thing to add. With XP it is not worth hoarding tokens as you are missing out on a lot of ISO and potential CL in the future. If the vault has characters you need pull the tokens. You should also rechampion your 2* as often as possible. By pulling your event tokens you will get mainly 2* and by re-championing them you will get a ton of HP for roster slots and shields, as well as CP and XP. You will also get your championed 3* even higher giving more CP, XP, and 4* covers. The only covers you should now sell are 1* covers and expiring 4* that you just can't use.

The secrete to the champ 2* is to sell a 144 2* to champion another. It cost some ISO, but once you get a rotation going the HP will really start to flow fast.

I will definitely start doing this and my hoarding will be over. But first I need that 4 slot amount of HP to roster the remaining 4 2*s so I can farm every character and I will never have another cover (besides 1*) go to waste!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will definitely start doing this and my hoarding will be over. But first I need that 4 slot amount of HP to roster the remaining 4 2*s so I can farm every character and I will never have another cover (besides 1*) go to waste!

There's a lot of hp in those taco vaults...

But if you can crack them in a week where both the 4*s and 3*s are good, it will be great. icon_e_smile.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 wrote:

See!! They are offering Devil Dino in the Taco Vault during anniversary! So now is the time I will open my ~200 Taco Tokens, in hopes of getting one more cover!!!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    A few thoughts on this topic OP.

I don't see any particular value in hoarding much past 300. As someone else noted above, the deeper your 4* roster, the more iso becomes the principal concern.

There are also more ways to get 4* covers now. You can get pve prog rewards, and cp comes easier in both pvp and pve.

So I would say look at your roster and figure out which few 4*s would make the most difference for your performance. So if you have Cyclops. 4* thor and imhb all champed,then you might benefit from a purple/green character. And in any event, Peggy should be a priority too as the current "chase" character. Its also ideal if you already have 9-11 covers for your target. The marginal value of a 4th cover is low, but a 10th or 12 is usually quite useful.

Save 300ish tokens until one of your 4* comes up in a vault. Then open that vault until you get the target cover. If the second 4* is also good, then consider mining it out as well, but generally just stop when you get your target, and save for the next time the cover rolls around again.

Once you have a nice set of 10+ 4* champs (including some of the top tiers), you can probavly stop hoarding tacos so aggressively. I still think its makes sense to save up 50-75 tacos at a go to improve your odds of Getting the bigger prizes when you do open vaults. And it's worth having some around for healthpack emergencies too.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I've been waiting for a Peggy/quake combo.... of course I have 400+ taco tokens bc I'm still waiting... I was only gonna save to 300 to guarantee I get the covers I wanted bc without bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. At this point I'm just waiting for good covers, my 4* are roughly set and honestly I just forgot about using them
  • mpqr7
    I had around 200 taco tokens. After around 50 opens, I got the Devil Dino of my dreams. And now I'll go back to hoarding my remaining 150 until there's something exciting available.

I usually stop after I open one of the left-column prizes, because those are the only ones I really care about. But all the other 50 or so prizes I won were nice as well.