PvP: Points lost while being attacked

2»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    stewbacca wrote:
    Besides the norm of developing a system to keep placement and cumulative totals separate.

I wish they could fix the system so that you can only be attacked by a person once (or at least so that you can only take the negative hit from them once (despite multiple attacks).

I was attacked last night by the same person 8 x an hour, that is ridiculous. Maybe it was because you could say it was retaliation for hitting him 4×. But here's the thing, he was the only one showing up in my queue. Id skip him and he'd pop right back in, and he was the only one worth more than 15 pts. So what else am I supposed to do. I'm not attacking him on purpose but he may think I am.

How about we just get rid of negatives entirely... and it's just top score get the placement. They can tweak it by beating higher powered enemies are worth more, or if you beat someone in retaliation it's bonus pts. Or even give bonus pts for number of wins or something.

I think any of these things would help a little bit.

The system for finding targets now is struggling more than ever thanks to 5s :S :S :S the difference in level and strength between all the possible chars has created A LOT of intermediate layers for MMR, so the amount of targets you might find in a particular moment in time might be lower than ever. So it is very easy to be triple tapped or more, because you might be the only target worth enough points for a particular person. This is a big problem, and much harder to solve if they don't add bots or something like that (or make the ranges bigger, but that might bring some other problems).

When I am climbing I almost always see the same people. It is a bit sad because I dont want to double tap anybody, much less triple tap, but sometimes it looks like the are no more targets. :S :S :S

Again, reduction in the points lost when attacked would improve this a lot (you are still triple tapped much you lose much less points so you can recover much more easily)
  • Evil_Dude
    Evil_Dude Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    What would happen if you could always queue the the 10 opponents above and below you regardless of whether they were shielded?

Positives:
    1 - There would always be targets available.
    2 - Less need to endlessly cycle the queue looking for decent target.
    3 - Less queue cycling means less chance of immediately being targeted by everyone in range when unshielding. Naturally leading to fewer mass point loses.
    4 - Less need to double or triple tap, because no targets available.
    5 - Less need to snipe, or be accused of being a sniper.
    6 - Less ISO drain from the skip tax man.
    7 - Players should be able to climb as high as their team can legitimately reach.

Negatives:
    1 - Points inflation, more hits bouncing off shields. Solution, adjust progression targets again?
    2 - Gaming the system by line coordination?
    3 - Other ways to game the system?

I'm sure the top guys will be able continue to gain even more points, but who cares. After 1200 they are playing for placement and most of us can't compete anyway. Thoughts?
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I'd like to see a change to retals. If someone hits me for 75 and I hit them back and win I should get more than 1 point for it. Maybe add a retal win point bonus or something because as it stands I almost always skip retals because they are rarely worth what I will lose if they hit me back.