Banner displays/tile resolve times

Mr_Sinister
Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I realize this will be a small scale issue in the grand scheme of things but I find it one of the more frustrating aspects of playing that these two things take so long.

The tipping point for this is really my own doing. I was messing around in TBE and used X23/Daken/Patch, and the enemies today are symbiotes. I swear to God round 1 took 20 minutes. The constant banners indicating healing, the minions fortifying tiles and the cd tile resolution was brutal to the point i considered backing out halfway through the round.

Do we need banners every single turn? I feel the power description is more than sufficient informing me of what to expect when i play. I could also do without the banners flying every time i choose to use boosts, especially in pvp where speed is a major factor.

CD tiles and tile fortification time needs to be sped up a lot. Its grueling that they have a 5 minute turn and dont even move.

Am i just being a typical ADD millennial, or is this a problem, small as it may be?

Comments

• Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    An option to turn it off seems like the best middle ground between players learning what every power does who still need the reminders and vets who value speed.
  • Mr_Sinister
    An option to turn it off seems like the best middle ground between players learning what every power does who still need the reminders and vets who value speed.

When i first started i went right to settings to turn them off. I was surprised to see it was not an option. I realize they use resources to create these things but after the 1,000,000th time of seeing healing and heat, the awe factor has evaporated.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Just my 2¢,

I am glad they are now showing us what's happening and are ensuring things like countdown tiles are actually resolving and powers when activated are being announced.

I know that everyone would want to turn it off, but at the current pace, there is no edge to anyone as everyone must resolve powers in the same manner. I would not want to mess with that personally.

If you've ever used Scarlet Witch and IM40 then you'll understand why it is important to have the powers resolve properly.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every single patch, the activation order of abilities gets messed up somehow.

So now we've got the case where the animation plays, the "flash" on the affected tile(s) happens while the animation's going...we get the normal pause and then the change blinks into existence.
    Meanwhile, banners have returned to activating after every countdown timer again instead of just activating on the first. I am going to go ahead and assume those things are based on a timer. If after X amount of time banner has not been displayer, display banner. And X amount of time has been set too short so it always shows it.

So we'll just need to stomach this until R111 when it'll get fixed but...then suddenly invisible tiles aren't shown on the board or something.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Switch and Hawkeye....the cd tile was on the bottom of the board, resolved to a 5 match. The tiles above the bottom line all had 2 turn cd while the one on the bottom had 1. This could be a good thing for IM40 cd if same result.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's frigging awful again. Every Mischief tile now displays a banner. Every Recharge tile too. Come on, guys, we know when Mischief resolves, that there is more than 1 such countdown on the board. Ditto Recharge. Recharge even displays a little animation when it resolves anyway.

Maybe the Recharge change was done to add a little aggravation to IM40+(Iceman/4hor/etc) teams...