Harness not working

Options
madwren
madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
FYI, Harness the Storm is having some odd behaviors. I've replicated them several times.

These happen seemingly at random:

1. Harness will come into play, and immediately destroy three gems despite no other spell being cast.
2. I match 3 gems at the start of my turn, filling my cards with mana. Harness will fire its gem destruction BEFORE any spells are cast.
3. A spell will be cast, and Harness will not fire at all. This doesn't happen with any particular card (i.e., a card will work one time, and not work another time; there isn't a specific card that it isn't working for).

Comments

• tm00
    tm00 Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe it is tied to having an already full spell to cast?
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    maybe it's meant to have random ability since it's red and based on chaos magic, and it's named "harness the storm". :p

I do miss the classic microprose standard paper based mtg on PC.
  • Hesturk
    Hesturk Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    From what I saw, if there are no spell in your 'graveyard' nothing will happen. However, if there's at least one spell, the gem destruction will happen before you get the opportunity to cast or not the spell. After that you choose to cast it or not. Whether you cast it or not, a spell will still be returned to your hand.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I noticed weird behaviour last night, but it's been inconsistent so I haven't been able to tie down what the problem is yet. The gem destruction seems to happen at odd moments sometimes.
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    nice! this card has been bothering me for a while! plz nerf it to the ground!!!!
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    glggwp wrote:
    nice! this card has been bothering me for a while! plz nerf it to the ground!!!!
    They tried to nerf it. I don't mind a nerf.

But I do mind if it doesn't work as intended. HtS is bugged and should be fixed.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    glggwp wrote:

They did, it's just not working as intended. In fact, since it's triggering when I'm not even casting spells, you could argue it's stronger.
  • newbee1kenobi
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    maybe it's meant to have random ability since it's red and based on chaos magic, and it's named "harness the storm". :p

Shandalar ? i'v spent countless hours in this game icon_mrgreen.gif
    it was pretty broken tho .. hello deck full of lightning bolt xD
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:

Shandalar ? i'v spent countless hours in this game icon_mrgreen.gif
    it was pretty broken tho .. hello deck full of lightning bolt xD

mine consist of all the timewalk, time vault, time twister spells and artifacts.