pvp targets' information

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So after getting hit twice this morning (by the same guy) during my 900 progression match i got thinking:

If the game had a way of showing other payers what the targets' scores are and whether or not they're active, would you hold off and allow someone to hit progression before attacking them, or is the nature of the beast/chance of getting hit yourself too great to wait for that sort of thing?

i know that using the line app can help with this sort of thing, but not everyone uses it. if the game took care of that would you be courteous or just hit guys whenever?

Comments

• Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Unlikely. I truly think that by sniping people I'm adding excitement to the game. Finishing your hop without getting hit should be something people feel proud of, not some expectation because they are friends with the MPQ universe. Doesn't bother me one bit when I get hit, not anymore at all. I can say that since I got over getting hit, the fun of the game has increased immensely
  • For myself... the only thing I'd change in pvp now is to remove player names from it altogether.

It's a contest built on roster vs roster. There's no need to know who put up those three characters, and with the change to defensive teams no need to check their rosters.

Leave names to the scoreboards and the alliance views.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Ding wrote:
    Unlikely. I truly think that by sniping people I'm adding excitement to the game. Finishing your hop without getting hit should be something people feel proud of, not some expectation because they are friends with the MPQ universe. Doesn't bother me one bit when I get hit, not anymore at all. I can say that since I got over getting hit, the fun of the game has increased immensely

This! I have recently changed my outlook on the game, and accept that I will be beaten down. My option is to float, or to snipe/speed climb to reach some progression. Until D3 fix MMR, I will enjoy hitting and getting hit. And proud of what I can get out of the bloodbath.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ding wrote:

Views like this are so far away from mine...

I have ALWAYS hated PvP, If I could I would probably just play PvE, but PvP is where best rewards are so I am 'forced' to play it (even though now that CPs have been split I am seriously considering just playing for 900). Playing against the same teams over and over again, praying for not being hit while you do your last fight to get a reward? No, thanks, not my game type.

Now, after the preface, I don't like to being hit, I doesn't bother me that much being hit when climbing, you have time to recover, but I HATE being hit while hopping. I don't want your 'excitement', I just want to get to the last progression reward and be done with it. For 'excitement' I prefer to play games that might be hard but it all depends on my actions not on blind luck.

So your opinion is completely opposed to mine, and the problem is that people with your opinion are the ones that make my enjoyment of PvP much much lower for people with opinions similar to mine. Of course I can do nothing, just endure it, your way of playing is perfectly valid, but not the one I would like to hear in most people.

In my case, yes I would wait if it is on the last day. When I queue people before the hops I always wait 10 min or so to give time to those targets to finish their hops (of course, sometimes your own hope fails and you have to improvise and hit targets that where queued before, but If I can I wait yes.)