Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum Thread

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dear Devs,

Since R109, crashed on Steam have been way up. From maybe once a week to once or twice a day. This costs players time, points, queues, boosts, but hey, lately it "only" costs them 10% of character's health.

.... until R110.

After updating today, playing a few matches in SIM, and the game crashed.

Fired it back up ...

... to find my characters a full third dead.

And reduced score, and lost queues, but that's normal.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

I've not yet, but StevO-J reported the same in the PVE thread
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I have definitely had the same issue. First in the unlock missions for the 2nd sub of Juggs Heroic, 2 Flamethrower (or Rocket maybe) CD tiles and a Headbutt were unavoidable and I figured a retreat would be better. The result was 2 health packs used because 2 of my characters were nearly dead, and I figured it must have been something to do with the main event tree registering differently than a sub event or something.

Later during sub 2 I retreated again and had the same result, again 2 HP's used (Wolverine can heal himself thank goodness..) and I just thought it might have been due to it being a Heroic event. I generally don't use a retreat as a tactical move, but in these cases it was better than taking damage in game (had it been -10%, that is).

But if you have experienced this in PVP too it is most likely everywhere in the game. So no more -10% for a crash/retreat, and whether this is a bug or an intentional move is totally unclear.
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I'm crashing much much more now. Instant app close, no freeze, no warning. I didn't check that 33% was back, but now that you mention it, the one (of 3) character that didn't have healing was pretty low in health. I'll check tonight on my PvE grind.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I did not pay attention to how much health my characters lost, but I will confirm that crashes are back. I crashed twice yesterday shortly after starting matches.
  • Demiurge_[bagman]
    Demiurge_[bagman] Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Hey guys - thanks for bringing this to our attention. It's a bug - this will be fixed soon.

• sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Hey guys - thanks for bringing this to our attention. It's a bug - this will be fixed soon.

I've been dealing with this issue for over two months now (I posted my own thread about this issue a few weeks ago). I keep appending instance reports to tickets so often that I have memorized your support practices and canned email responses (clearly ignoring the content of my emails), like the following:

"Greetings D3 Go! Customer,
    Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.
    Until we have a fix released, we will place your ticket on hold in our queue and will contact you very soon with updates on the situation.
    If you require further assistance or another issue arises, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (TJM)"

Only, all I ever get is having my ticket(s) closed after some time passes with zero communication. You guys keeping fixing it, throwing us a few health packs, and then bringing it back. Meanwhile, as the origional poster stated, you keep costing players time, money, and resources that we can never get back and certainly aren't compensated enough for.

So I hope for your sakes that you actually do fix it this time.