How about letting players pay to make PVE story-event?

Astralgazer
Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Lack of variety in story content is rather disconcerting. I know the game revolves around the Dark Reign story line, but I've seen some deviation to it such as the much loved DP vs MPQ. Dark Reign is great for monetization, because it gives a reason for ISOs; but let's face it: no one likes having to fight Moonstone or Juggernaut for the umpteenth time.

And releasing new character seems to be on top of D3's development priority. This bears ill to the prospect of getting frequent new story content.

Thus I think: why not let the player base design the story content?

D3 could charge for the opportunity, let the player(s) pay hefty price for a chance to work their own designs, and tap into rich story lines and alternate universes of Marvel's comic and cinematic universes. D3 will of course decide on the final form of the events (how long, how many subs, balancing of difficulty level, etc.), but the players who buy these packages get to have their names carved into the intro screen of the said events.

D3 can then use the events in the PVE rotation, as they see fit; or open the events for alliances to pay and play, with a reward structure that omits guaranteed covers (rewards only include tokens). A 20-person PVE could be an interesting venue to sell more HP.

To make matter more interesting, it could also be made into an alliance opportunity; in which the alliance can pool HP (or CP) to pay for the opportunity to showcase their ingenuity. It could foster a new kind of OOG conversation, a creative one, not revolving around food and beverages.

I wanted to think this idea through before submitting it to the forum, but I don't have the time. I hope people like it enough to contribute to the core idea.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, please.

It's bad enough to read the devs' attempts at humour, I don't want to imagine what "cool" and "awesome" stuff players would come up with.

New story content would still need to be approved by Marvel, so it's not going to happen while we're on the eternal treadmill of character releases.