Event Reward system as it regards to time slot

A_McB
A_McB Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
edited September 2016 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I play in a time slot that that is apparently pretty popular for stronger players. I play in that spot because I can devote the 3hrs+ per day needed to be competitive, during that slot.
In the events where new covers are offered (where you can't get them any other way) really affect people in my slot, often resulting in devoted players missing out on new characters, and being set back on the next event. This happened with Luke Cage and with Spider Woman. I have documentation showing what irks me about this (see attached pics).

Images from the game containing usernames other than your own are not allowed as it falls under the "no calling out other players" rule.

I posted a score that was roughly double what my alliance mate did. They got rank 20 (2 Luke cage covers), and I got rank 119 (no Luke Cage covers). Then in the next story, that particular cover is the third required character to get max points, so I am automatically out of the running for a top score.

I think this is garbage that there is an advantage to which time slot you select that is this severe. Especially when it also affects the next event. End of my rant, start of my constructive criticism.

I think there should be a more global ranking. Let people choose a time slot that is good for them. Everyone gets ranked on same scale. and awards are given after the last slot finishes. To accommodate the highest reward cover being the required character dilemma, make it required for one more event out (example: assume events A,B,C,D. if luke cage is top prize of event B, make the previous top prize [event A] the required character for the next one [event C], and luke cage the required for event D). This would still incentivize people to win top cover to be able to compete, but will level the playing field among the different time slots.

Comments

• A_McB
    A_McB Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    My pictures got clipped for having my alliance mate's names in it. The scores were around 26,000 for my mate that landed at rank 20 in their slot, and my score was around 59,000 and I was ranked at 119 in my slot.