What I Miss..

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I miss the devs posting a video of upcoming changes to the game. It was always an exciting time on the forums, whether it was good or bad news. I liked the Q&A even if we consistently asked the same questions that rarely got answered but it was still interesting to see many players on the forum feel the same way about the game as you. Maybe I am wrong but I do not believe there has been a video since Championing (there was definitely one for Token Vaults). I retired until recently after Championing so maybe there was a video or two while I was away. Regardless, I just hope there will be a video for the upcoming Anniversary instead the event(s) just appearing on my phone.

Does anyone want to see videos again? What do you miss within the forums and/or the game. Please do not mention you miss things that recently just changed in the game (e.g. cupcakes).

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want the lack of videos to be because "We're just SO busy adding lots of lovely things for you 8D"
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    I prefer all of my information to be text based, not even just this game.

I don't want to watch ads. I don't want to put on headphones in an office environment. I don't want to require decent cell signal strength when I'm in a poor coverage area. I want to be able to easily refer back to something with a simple text search. I want the information to be clearly communicated, proofread, and reviewed by the author to ensure everything is clear and concise and not full of vocal ticks (um, uh, you know, like) or off topic tangents. I want to be able to easily skip over something not relevant to me without having to jump around or fiddle with a player interface. I want to be able transfer that information to other people without requiring they also deal with their own peeves about the format.

...I also, apparently, want you darn kids off my lawn. (I use video and audio for entertainment, and enjoy it very much.)

In any case, I would prefer a regular blog post instead of a video. The "here's what's coming in the next patch" format is a good start, but interim topics like "this is how we came up with Quasar's new power set" or "the original plan for the Atlantis Attacks event was full of bagels, but we felt it needed more croissants" would foster a feeling of regular updates. The Marvel articles sort of do this in a PR capacity, but there is room for meaningful communication about the game beyond the PR cycle. It could be produced in the free moments of the day without organizing a team of people, and they could be worked on asynchronously and backlogged for vacations/events/whatever.

It would be great if the author of each piece would also respond to comments, but I suspect there is an intentional layer between the developers and the players that may preclude that.