Lets talk Defense

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok so we've been told the way teams are selected for defense in PvP has changed (save the flaming for another thread please) but we haven't been told how it has changed.

So if anyone has info and if a red could chime in that would be super helpful. Personally I don't often play for D as I'm a late climber but many do so....

How does the AI choose your team on d?

We're told it's "strongest team" but what constitutes that?
Most levels?
Does it take into account boosted characters?

For example
My roster has a level 300 oml a 290 goblin and a 277 imhb would that be my auto team in SIM ?

In PvP would it be oml/goblin/featured?

Or would it be whomever I have champed that is boosted? In this case antman/x23/cage?

Anyone know?

Comments

• jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    This was addressed in broad outline during the interview in last week's PW3 podcast. Mostly it's the same as before, unless there's a big discrepancy in power - like using Stormneto after using a 4* team.
  • OneLastGambit
    So your d team can be whatever you want as long as there's not a sudden drop in your team level?

I sense a loophole here...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Testing shows that 5* teams can swap in a sinhle 1* character and have the weaker team show up as their defensive team.

4* players can also sub in maxed 3*s and the result will show in their defensive teams (so IM40 climbing teams aren't "safe").

So while we don't know the exact paremeters of the new system, we have some ideas. I haven't seen data for extensive testing with underleveled 3*s, 4*s, and 5*s.
  • OneLastGambit
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Testing shows that 5* teams can swap in a sinhle 1* character and have the weaker team show up as their defensive team.

4* players can also sub in maxed 3*s and the result will show in their defensive teams (so IM40 climbing teams aren't "safe").

So while we don't know the exact paremeters of the new system, we have some ideas. I haven't seen data for extensive testing with underleveled 3*s, 4*s, and 5*s.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.